Entry 5

A FATED ENCOUNTER

This OS is based on the lovely song Aksar is duniya mein of film Dhadkan(2000)
***********************************

Hey hey eh hey hey
Eh hey eh hey hey
Hey hey eh hey hey
Aa ha aa ha ha
Aksar is duniya mein
Anjaane milte hain
Aksar is duniya mein
Anjaane milte hain
Anjaani raahon mein
Milke kho jaate hain
Lekin hamesha
Wo yaad aate hain

The blue haze of the day slowly turned into shades of indigo and violet as stars scattered across the moonless sky accentuating the beauty of darkness. Niti was sitting on a bench, her eyes fixed on the brightest star which she believed to be her guardian angel. A cool breeze swept over her & a smile grazed her lips as she thought about how her life changed since that night.

Niti was a 24 year old petite woman. She was a medical practioner having completed her studies in Canada some months ago and now working in SMILES company as a surgeon.

She was a practical woman, a hardcore perfectionist who liked order and didnt believe in love, not the societal version full of rainbows and glitters where people blindly claim to love each other and at the smallest of arguments decide to walk away. For her it was all nonsense.

She had tried dating a few guys but it never clicked for her. Either the guy was a chauvinist who couldnt digest the fact that she was an independent woman who didnt need a man to fend for herself. Many had rejected her because they thought she was too intimidating.

Aksar is duniya mein
Anjaane milte hain
Anjaani raahon mein
Milke kho jaate hain
Lekin hamesha
Wo yaad aate hain

Saturday was a half day for her. She usually spent the night relaxing on the couch with a bottle of her favourite red wine and romantic books.

Working in the medical stream is pretty tiring and she knew that unwinding herself was important before the stress took toll on her body and mind.

This Saturday was also supposed to be the usual but an emergency in the hospital had her running late at night. the surgery was complicated and it took nearly 4 hours before the patient could be stabilized.

It was almost 12am when she started for home.
Her house was in the outskirts of the city away from all the hustle-bustle. The road was nearly empty, not a single soul could be seen. Niti was driving imagining the warm shower she desperately needed to relax her sore muscles when suddenly a man appeared in front of her car. She screeched for brakes and hastily turned the steering to the side. When the car came to a halt, she opened the door fully intending to give the man a piece of mind.

What the hell! she shouted, looking at the man crouching in front of her oye idiot, suicide karne ka itne shock hai, toh rail ki patri pe chadd jaa, puri duniya mein meri car hi mili tughe apni jaan dene k liye?

The man groaned at her AUGHH! Stop shouting woman, if I didnt die before now I surely will listening you scream like a banshee. He turned around to face mad woman and his eyes widened at the sight.
Chipmunk?

Anjaani raahon mein
Milke kho jaate hain
Lekin hamesha
Wo yaad aate hain
Aksar is duniya mein
Anjaane milte hain
Anjaani raahon mein
Milke kho jaate hain
Lekin hamesha
Wo yaad aate hain

Niti froze seeing him. It was her childhood nemesis. The only one who can bring out her inner beast and not in a good way. She had thought that she would never see him when she went to Canada for further studies but fate had weird ways of rocking peoples world.