Up To No Good

5 years later (Harry)

Harry awoke to laughter and playful shouts. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, reaching for his glasses. Dean and Seamus were in the middle of a pillow fight- at 4 am.
   "As much as I appreciate being awakened at untimely hours of night, could you maybe not?" Harry said, glancing at the 2 boys. Somehow, Dean was now in a headlock.

     "Sorry, Harry. Did we wake you?" Dean asked, wriggling in Seamus's grip.
    "No. No way. I just wake up at 4 am everyday. Also, what the bloody hell are you doing?" Harry asked.
    "Seamus's spreading some rumors, so I naturally had to intervene," Dean proclaimed, finally wiggling out of Seamus's grip.
   "Sure I was," Seamus said, rolling his eyes, "I'm only spreading the truth."

     "Look, as much as I'd love to to talk, I'd rather be sleeping. So could you maybe keep it down a bit?"
Before anyone could say anything, a muffled snort sounded from Ron's bed. He rolled over and squinted at Harry.
     "Harry? Blimey, what time is it? Why are you up so early?" Harry sighed, "I'm not. I'm planning on going back to bed, but I'm not sure I can take anymore of their flirting." Both Seamus and Dean chucked.

     "Oh? And what about you and Weasley?" Seamus piped up, "I'm bloody sick of watching you two snog all day." Ron gave a confused grunt and muttered sleepily, "What? Harry and I- we're not like that! And we don't snog?" Harry groaned.
     "Not you, Ron. Go back to bed." Ron mumbled something into his pillow that sounded like "oh good", and then promptly fell asleep.

Harry hoped Ron wouldn't remember the conversation in the morning. He and Ginny were still "casual", to point of hiding their relationship from Ron. It wasn't personal, but Harry would rather stay on Ron's good side, not his protective-older-brother side.
     "You alright, Harry?" Seamus asked, glancing over at him. Harry swallowed and nodded.
     "Yeah. I just think I... need some fresh air. I'm obviously not going to fall back asleep..." he raised an eyebrow at the still giggling couple.         "Sorry 'bout that, Harry" Dean added, "we can go..." Harry shook his head and climbed out of bed.
     "Nah, I mean it. I'm going for a walk."

Harry reached for his shoes and started pulling them on, while Dean and Seamus watched on.    "But if you're caught..." Seamus began.
     "I won't be," Harry said, walking to the door, "I have my cloak after all." Dean and Seamus exchanged a look.
     "Um. Harry? What cloak?"
     "Uh, nothing!" Harry called, "I just mean I'll be careful." He was never waking up at 4 again- his brain obviously couldn't handle it.

Harry slipped into the corridor and watched the staircases shift in the moonlight. He then slipped on his cloak and hurried towards the Great Hall. He didn't exactly know where he was going, he was just wandering until he saw a pale figure ahead of him. He was far away, but Harry could clearly make out the form of Draco Malfoy. "What are you doing out, Malfoy?" Harry wondered, and crept closer.

He seemed to be looking out the window, towards the Forbidden Forest. Harry glanced out the window-it was silent and calm. Harry was now so close to Draco, he could almost touch him. Draco has an unusual expression on his face. He seemed... lonely. Harry inched closer, until he was so close he could see a few small, pale, freckles lining his upper cheekbones. Harry stared at him for a moment. Without his usual, nasty sneer he actually looked quite handsome, to Harry's surprise.

     "And what are you looking at, Potter?" Draco suddenly demanded, turning to Harry and ripping off his cloak. Draco smirked.
     "Out of bed are we? Now why would you do that? Not to see a certain Weasel, now? Tsk, tsk. And I thought you were better than this. Wait, no, I didn't." Harry gritted his teeth.      "Malfoy. What I'm doing does not concern you."

Draco laughed.
     "Oh but it does, Potter. A student out of bed at this hour seems awfully suspicious, does it not? You could be...up to no good." With that, he pushed himself into Harry's personal space and looked him dead in his eye.
     "You wouldn't be causing mischief, would you Potter?" Harry swallowed and stepped back.

     "Like I said before, you have no right knowing my business, in fact, I could be asking you the same. What are doing out of bed, Malfoy?" Draco chuckled and turned back to the window.
     "Oh you know...plotting. Doing typical Dark Lord deeds...but I don't need to tell you that, now do I?" Harry felt himself flush angrily.     "Don't joke, Malfoy." Draco snorted. He turned to look at Harry. And REALLY looked at him. He studied his pajamas and hooted like an owl.    "Nice panties, Potter."

Harry looked down in horror. Since he had intentions of staying unseen, he hadn't bothered changing to regular clothes. He was still wearing the embarrassing Hogwarts jammies. It was bad they had little sorting hats all over them, but the worst part was- they WERE see through. He growled.
     "Shut it." Draco stepped closer, so close his breath landed on Harry's lips.
     "No. I don't think so." Harry felt frozen to the spot, his eyes never leaving Draco's glittering ones.

Then he turned on his heel, and promptly left, leaving Harry with an unwanted blush on his cheeks.