Delusion

I stayed outside for a while as I waited for Connor's call. He replied to my message earlier that he's going to check on me. Then my phone started to ring. I answered as soon as I can, knowing it's person that I'm expecting.

"Hey Connor, it's so good for you to call right now. I was getting worried about your bruise. I tried to call as soon as I saw the picture but it was an hour later. How are you feeling right now?' Words came out of my mouth as fast as it could that Connor, on the other end of the line, sighed. "I'll be fine. It's nothing to be worried about, I got stepped on when someone blocked me and I fell on the ground. Lucky it wasn't near my face or it'll be worse."

"Of course it will be worse! You should have told your coach about that straight away and-"

"Which I did, Dale. The practice game stopped and I was sent to the clinic. I'm not allowed to participate in tomorrow's game though, which sucks. Anyways, how are you?" 

"I'm okay, I guess. May invited me to her nephew's birthday party and well you know what they're doing right now." The last bit was somewhat whispered. I don't want him to get anxious. He doesn't really like it when I tell him where I'm at, especially if I don't tell him earlier.

"Ugh yes, just don't drink too much, alright? Also call a taxi or have your parents pick you up. I have a souvenir for you tomorrow. I know how much you like souvenirs. Anyways, I better get going. I don't want to stay outside a bit longer. Kinda cold her, to be honest." I can only imagine  him shivering and struggling to stand up as he walks back inside their room. 

"Well I shouldn't keep you longer then, otherwise I'd have to invite you on something you couldn't resist." I tried to keep my voice low, as I tease him. He has this weird fascination of hitting it up over the phone, but then again, it is kind of exciting as well. 

"Love you babe, I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too Connor. Take care." I hung up. But as soon as I turn around to get back in side as well, I was met by smoke being puffed on my face. Roy was standing against the door, with a cigarette on his mouth. Him just huffing and puffing right in front of me is disgusting, especially it's a smell that I don't really recognize as cigarette. 

He hands it over to me, more like closely shoves it into my mouth, but I resisted. I quickly closed my mouth and stepped back. He laughed, all the while I was confused. "Don't tell anyone about this if you know what this is. I'll have to borrow some of that perfume that you have later, and mint." 

I looked down the ground, and checked on my bad that was slightly opened. "You checked on my bag without permission? Jeez, you could have literally asked me before checking on my bag. Add to the fact that we barely knew each other, I would have assume you are a thief!" 

"Well are you interested with some weed?" He asked casually, as he continued on huffing on that whole stick. My pride would have smacked it away from his hand, but I thought it would have been stupid anyways. I would consider on just huffing on it even once, but I might regret it in the end. 

Without realizing, I was already holding that stick. My body is involuntarily doing it for me. I've never smoked a cigarette in my whole life but tonight it might change, and this is more different from the usual stuff. Then for a split second I thought if it will be worth it. I looked at it, before handing it back to Roy, who did not looked amused but sighed. 

"Yeah I get it, that's fine. I'll leave you to it." He drops it in the ground and steps on it.

"Hey, why'd you throw it away? I'm sure you spent money on that." I tried to pick it up but I felt a hand pulling me back up before I could even kneel down. It's not like he's big enough to force me up, but it was strong enough that he shoved me towards the wall.

Suddenly, his face was right in front of mine. I can feel his breathing, the warmth of his breath hitting on my face. I could almost fall limp with intrigue, on his gesture. His eyes kept on moving up and down, as if he was studying my features. 

"W-What are you doing?" Nervously, I raised my hand and try to push him away from me, but he kept on burying himself on me, pressing his own weight towards me. He started to close in on me, as I squinted. I may have the courage to do stupid things, but this is far worse. His girlfriend is just inside the house and I have a boyfriend that just called me a few minutes ago. 

I felt his lips graze against mine, then I suddenly gathered all the strength that I can muster and pushed him away from me. I ran around the house, towards the pavement and when I was sure that he was not chasing after me, I text my sister straight away, telling her that I'm heading out first. 

That was not something that I expect the night to end.