Desmond Johnson
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

"Come in, Ms.James." Desmond said, in a deep tone.

This was her first time in the CEO's office. One of the rumors in the office is that Desmond redesigned the office to his taste. As she entered, a midnight musky scent engulfed the air. His office is all the way on the very last floor, which was the 25th floor. The Empire State Building and the busy streets of fifth avenue are on full display. Thanks to the tall vertical large slanted windows behind him, it made the view impressive.

Grey curtains hung high but were pushed to the side for sunlight to come in. Her red heels clicked loud and sharp on the porcelain marble tiled floor, which was squeaky clean. You could see your reflection in it perfectly. Thanks to the three-tiered LED chandelier, the modern feel to the office was enhanced. A light brown glass bookcase was placed against cream-colored walls.

Beside him, was another bookcase. It was a twelve spaced cube square with a rich espresso color coated all over. It held the awards that the company has won over the years in the industry.

"First time in here?" Desmond asked while his head hung low, typing on his laptop.

Giving a nervous smile, Lillian responded. "Actually, it is."

Bringing his laptop's screen down, Desmond looked up to see a nervous-looking Lillian. "You're not in trouble Ms.James. Please, sit." He suggested, pointing to the contemporary grey cushioned chair in front of him.

"What are those files for?" He asked once he noticed the folders in her hands.

"Oh, these. Right!" She exclaimed, nervously. "They're from Mr.Davis. He wants you to take a look at the price index numbers. They're backed up from last October and HR needs an updated one starting from November to this month." Lillian handed over the files to him as she sat down.

Desmond skim through it casually, then placed them down on the hanging file holder with the rest of other files that needed his signature or approval. "Not a problem, I'll try to have them over first thing tomorrow morning." He promised Lillian.

There's been a lot of things going through Desmond's mind, one of them happened to be Brena. Whenever he tried speaking to her, the only emotion he felt from her was anger. He always wondered why a beautiful young woman was holding in that much anger. He knew pain when he saw it and that was what he sensed from her since the day they met. There's something about her.

What Desmond knew was that getting to know Brena was his mission. It wasn't going to be easy but he'd sure as hell like to try. Brena isn't like the other women he's encountered nor dated. She's making him chase her but not intentionally and that's what he found attractive and shocking at the same time.

"Sir, you said I'm not in trouble. If you don't mind me asking, why am I here?" Lillian questioned, anxiously.

Desmond interlocked his fingers and set them on the table. "Call me Desmond when we're alone, please." He squinted. "This is not a professional call. You're here because I want to know more about your friend. She didn't pick up any of my calls." He sat back, stroking his beard.

Lillian let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't in trouble but she could be if she decides to play matchmaker for Brena. "Okay, Desmond." She screwed her face up instantly. Then a small laugh followed when she saw Desmond's perplexed facial expression.