Opus (Iwaizumi Hajime x reader)

Hello again! I hope you enjoy this oneshot with Iwaizumi Hajime . Sorry in advance if he's OOC.

Stumbling onto the patio of his newly bought apartment, Iwaizumi rambled his fingers in his pocket, feeling crumpled up receipts and used tissues before retrieving the golden key, inserting it into the keyhole.

The male had just arrived home from a stressful day at work, packed with over-flowing stacks and conversing with uninteresting co-workers. The muscles in his ganders began to ache from the number of times he has traced out his signature. His fatigue was cured so easily when the clock struck five, for his hour journey back home was at the top of the troublesome hierarchy.

At least he can have a peaceful lie-in at home.

As soon as Iwaizumi churned the key, he heard scatches coming from the door like little claws were trying to break free from the warm comfort of his home, to discover the new world instore... or maybe to run into someone's arms.

Iwaizumi smirked. He pulled the door open and instantly kneeled down, extending his arms out. With an elevated step, the chipper beagle punched the air and tackled the male. The dog placed his front legs on Iwaizumi's shoulders and sniffed his face.

"Hello there, sir. Pretending you don't know me." Iwaizumi's voice was sweet like a freshly bloomed blossom as he caresses his lovable pup. Soon the beagle gave little licks on his cheeks and ears. "Kisses? For me? ... How charming are you, Ollie?"

The dog, now known as Ollie, yelped after the sweet voice from before called his name. Carrying the puppy against his chest, Iwaizumi stepped into his house and closed the door with his foot. He turned around to take off his leather boots, only to acknowledge the scratches on the backside of the door and let out a breathy sigh.

"I guess I'll have to bring out the paint... again." Iwaizumi muttered under his breath, setting Ollie down on the vinyl flooring, hanging up his tan-coloured trench coat.

The couple's home still had the fresh coat of paint from before. It didn't satisfy the nose but at least you can be mesmerised by the beautiful streaks of vibrant colours. The apartment looked like a funhouse you'd find on an overhyped carnival.

Sure, did he regret painting the house like this? Definitely.

But you liked the wackiness of it all and that's what Iwaizumi liked about you all those years ago.

The two of you were close since you were children, considering that you were family friends. Even though your current engagement was arranged by your parents, you were glad you got the chance to be with Iwaizumi since you fell in love with him countless of times before your parents stepped in to close the gap and he felt the same way. It was like the path was already paved out from day one. Iwaizumi cherished you dearly and wished for you to be safe, loving him unconditionally.

Speaking of you, the male was used to receiving a welcome home kiss from his fiancé(e) but today you were nowhere to be seen.

"(F/N)?"

"Hey! I'm in here!" Iwaizumi didn't take too many steps into the living room before seeing you right next to the opened archway. You had your headphones around your neck as if you have just removed it from the ears while your fingers were neatly placed on your lap. He crept in more to see you sitting by a sleek black piano that was perched up against the wall. He could tell it was a second hand due to the discolouration of the keys and the overall vintage look of the instrument.

"What's all this?"

"Oh? My mom dropped it by on her way to work. It was my grandad's before he... well.. you know. Anyway, I thought since it's the new year, I should try to learn how to play it. Sorry. I should have run it by you beforehand."