Episode 73

I dedicate this episode to my reader friend sakura-koyo who kindly requested me for a Rhea-Rakhi/Kiara scene.

------------------

The episode starts with Rakhi staring closely at the Mehra Mansion. Flashes of the past with blurred images of the time she had spent in her home with Abhi-Pragya start crowding in her mind. She starts feeling uneasy and then all of a sudden, her tummy begins to ache. She fastens her hand around it and tries to balance with the help of the gate. Though, she still felt sick, she gets reminded of her motive and tries to enter into Mehra Mansion, but as she steps her first foot in the Mehra Mansion, she becomes even more ill with the flashes of her past continuously taunting her. She gets reminded of the moment when she had come the last time to Mehra Mansion, trying to escape from her mother and how she had got to see the same flashes, the last time. Unfortunately, her condition is worser now as she is blotting sweats with her tummy aching badly. Soon, Rakhi loses hold from the gate and is about to fall, when a hand catches her. She surprisingly looks upward and sees Rhea helping her. Rhea while still tightly holding Rakhi, asks in a concern filled tone, "Who are you and why are you here all alone in this state? Are you alright? You don't seem to be alright as when I saw you, I felt that you are about to fall! Come here and have a seat" Rhea slowly takes Rakhi towards a bench of the garden area and makes her comfortable by making her sit. She then calls out Bahadur Chachu and orders a glass of water. Once Rakhi drinks water, she feels much better, when Rhea asks her, "Now tell me, who are you? Are you also one of the guests of the ENGAGEMENT?" Rakhi is shocked to hear about engagement and asks her curiously, "Engagement? Whose engagement is happening here?" Rhea shakes her head and says, "So you are not part of the guests, then who are you?". As Rhea is still questioning Rakhi, Sanju comes down from Aryan's room and notices Rakhi. He calls her out addressing her, "Bhabhi ji, you here?" Both Rakhi and Rhea frown at that addressal of his. Rhea quizzically asks him, "Bhabhi ji? How come she is your Bhabhi?" Sanju unknowingly blurts out, "Oh she is our Sunil Bhai's..." He stops right there when he remembers Sunny's slaps and noticing Rakhi glowering at him. Rhea smiles in amusement on hearing and whispers into Sanju's ears, "Oh I get it, she is your friend Sunil's GF right! So, she too has come here for taking Aryan to the bachelor party, isn't it?" Sanju is muddled on thinking how to answer Rhea's queries, but however nods in affirmation. Rhea gets joyous on seeing Sanju's response and continues with Rakhi, "Now I get it......" she stops as she doesn't know Rakhi's name. Rakhi smilingly tells her, "A little while ago, you helped me as I was someone from your family without even knowing who I was, so now that you already acted like a sister, you can call me Di, as I do look older than you!" Rhea cheerfully says, "Thank you so much Di and by the way, I'm Aryan's cousin sister, Rhea Abishek Mehra!" Rakhi gets jolted as she hears Abhishek Prem Mehra, while Rhea continues, "So, now I understand Di, why you were acting as YOU DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ARYAN'S ENGAGEMENT!" Rakhi eyes grow big in astonishment on learning about Aryan's engagement. Sanju gets nervous, on the other side, without noticing both of them Rhea utters, "And you have come here for helping our staff Sunil's BACHELOR'S PARTY FOR ARYAN, I have got it all right, nah?" Sanju gives a disappointed expression reflecting, "You have got it all right by revealing everything to the only other person who knows about Sunny bhai's ploys against his brother, other than me and Shahana! Now god knows what is going to happen!" Rhea ignorant to everything goes on, "Uff oh! There is so much time for Bachelor's Party, first it's the Engagement, which is not happening here but in Kohli house, so come with me Di, I will introduce you to all my family members!" Before Rakhi could resist and ask about Aryan. Rhea pulls her along with her. Sanju looks on at them from behind.

In Kohili House

Prachi and Ranbir are having a cheerful discussion, just when Rhea comes inside along with Rakhi held in her hand and bumps against Prachi. Rhea unknowingly pronounces "Sorry" to Prachi, nevertheless her face falls down on seeing her sister. Rakhi observes the strange unanimousness between the two, demands, "Rhea, who is this?" Both Rhea and Prachi stay dumb to that question. Ranbir answers her, "Oh they are sisters, in fact TWIN SISTERS!" Rakhi continues to ask Rhea-Prachi, "Then why are you both behaving as if you are strangers?" A cold chill runs through both Rhea-Prachi's spines and they continue to stay silent. However, the situation favours them as Vikram and Pallavi announce their daughter and the bride, Mishti's arrival. As soon as Mishti comes to the stage and gets greeted by all the Mehras and Kohlis. Vikram asks Purab, "Usually it's the bride who takes more time to dress up, here the bride is ready, but where is the groom and your son, Purab?" just when Aryan calls out, "I'm here!" All the heads turn towards Aryan. Rakhi is shocked to realise that Aryan is giving in to Sunny's ploys and getting married to Mishti. She thinks, "No this shouldn't be happening, Aryan is MADLY IN LOVE WITH SHAHANA but sacrificing his LOVE ALL FOR HIS BROTHER! No, this should be stopped!" She decides to go and stop him, but then her eyes fall on Abhi and again the same flashes of the past start running in front of her eyes. Once more, she starts feeling uneasy and starts panting for breath. This time as the whole crowd is drawn towards the bride and the groom, no one notices her. Rakhi helps herself backwards, finds a chair and sits on it as she is unable to move forward. Beeji asks Vikram-Pallavi and Purab-Aliyah, "Now that the kids have come, shall we start the engagement ceremony?" They nod approvingly. Soon the engagement rings are brought from both sides, with Rhea holding Aryan's ring, while Prachi, Mishti's. On seeing Prachi, Abhi searches around for Pragya. Prachi watches it and shakes her head at him proclaiming Pragya's absence. Abhi feels low, however smiles as Pandit ji professes the Muhurat for his nephew's engagement. Soon, Rhea forwards the ring to Aryan, he sadly looks at it, takes the ring and while faking a smile on his face, wears the ring onto Mishti's finger. Everyone clap joyfully at that, except for Rakhi whose face gets moist with tears rolling down her cheek. Soon, Prachi forwards the ring to Mishti, who takes it jovially and quickly wears it into Aryan's finger. Everyone clap again. Rakhi closes her eyes and lets her head down in distress for not being able to do anything. Pandit ji announces that from now on Aryan-Mishti are officially fiancés. There is a sound of claps once again. After that, Abhi makes an announcement, "So to everyone present here, today is my nephew and my dearest friends kids' engagement party, so all of you return to your houses only after having full!" All smile gladly at Abhi's announcement and start towards the dining buffet.

Aryan look into watch and notices that it is 7:47 P.M and gets reminded of Sunny's words. He looks around for Sanju, finds him and signs him to leave. Sanju nods and both leave stealthily without getting noticed by anybody.

The Blue Bar, Taj Palace, Chanakyapuri

Sunny is seated at the bar counter with his one hand showing him the time, while the other hand tapping gently on the shot glasses. He counts 5,4,3....and as he reaches 0. Aryan appears behind him and says, "I'm here as you have asked Bhai!" Sunny smirks and turns around saying, "I knew it, I knew that my brother is very punctual and will keep up to his brother's demands punctually! So, let's start the party!" He then asks the waiter to take a strong whisky shot. Once the waiter brings it, Sunny forwards it to Aryan saying, "Here, have it for my fist WIN!" Aryan shakes his head denyingly saying, "No Bhai, I have never taken strong drinks!" on hearing that, Sunny gets up from his place, inches close to Aryan and pronounces, "Alcohol is one of the biggest tools which pushes a man from grief to doom and today you are passing to that DOOM being pushed by me, so have it!", on saying that, Sunny forcefully pushes the alcohol into Aryan's mouth, Sanju gets worried and concerned on seeing that. After having the shot, Aryan gets inebriated. Sunny continues, "No, no, no! One won't do for my brother!" He then orders a strong vodka shot and again pushes it down Aryan's throat. Sanju feeling bad for Aryan, tries to stop Sunny, however the latter doesn't pay heed to his words and orders for one more. He again tries to force it onto Aryan but while doing that, a BLOW LANDS ON HIS FACE. The shot glass falls from his hand and as he looks upwards, he sees Rakhi glowering at him madly.

------------

To be continued.