surprise boyfriend || h.s

hinata x shorter! male reader
—fluff—
h/c= hair color
requested by: SilverPhantom12

it had been a couple of day's where shoyo was being continuously late for practice. which was strange since the orange haired male loved volleyball.

then the team decided that today before practice started they were going to follow him, since apparently he comes in the gym before practice and puts his stuff and then leaves.

and when you mean the 'team' it didn't included tsukishima. in all honesty he thought it was better that the little shrimp wasn't always loud to kill his ear drums.

but yamaguchi dragged him either way.

as the team waited on the side of the gym, they saw the orange haired male run to the gym, quickly opening it and dashing through.

but what took them by surprise was that a short h/c male stood there, shorter than shoyowith a slight smile on his face. who was he? and why was he with shoyo?

hinata bursted out the door and closed it, running back to the male. "hey m/n! let's go! where do you wanna go?"

he giggled as the continued to walk away from the school "i told you shoyo, im good going where you wanna go"

he thought for a bit when an idea popped in his mind "oh i know! a mini café opened near where i usually get my pork buns. wanna go there?"

m/n nodded and walked down the road with shoyo. smiling as the male began to rant about volleyball and all the types of teams he met.

kageyama sat there a bit shocked "hey daichi.. you don't think that idiot can get a boyfriend do you?"

tsukishima let out a stifled laugh "him? that shrimp to get a boyfriend? no way"

the captain shrugged and slightly began to follow them "who knows, maybe he's capable of getting one"

tanaka and nishinoya faked cried while walking "our kohai is growing up so fast"

asahi sweat dropped and patted noya's back "you're okay.."

sugawara smiled at them and put his focus back on the hinata. seeing that he was already in the café.

"daichi! he's already in the café! we gotta go! go i said!"

daichi let out a small yelp as he setter tugged him down the road "suga! the point is to not make it obvious!"

sugawara turned back to look at him "i don't care! my baby crow is growing and i wanna be a proud mom to watch it!"

he sighed and let the setter continue to tug him down the road.

tanaka and noya followed them as well, curious to what this boy was to m/n.

asahi, kageyama, tsukishima, and yamaguchi continued to walk at a normal pace, not curious or anything.

when they all finally reached the café. hinata and the mystery boy sat at on the tables near the middle. talking to each other with slight blushes on there cheeks.

a waiter came with a plate of a minor fruit cake and 2 beverages.

shoyo sipped on it and hummed happily, stars appearing on his eyes "this is good! m/n have a sip!"

the male leaned in a took a sip from it humming as well "mhm, your right it is good!"

pulling a fast one he quickly said "we just did an indirect kiss" and sipped on his drinks again.

slowly realizing it, m/n's face slowly turned red. he sipped on his drink as well and began to cut a small piece of the cake.

once done he leaned the fork towards shoyos mouth "take a bite first.."

hinatas face slowly became red as well and instead of taking a bite of the cake, he leaned forward and kissed m/n's cheek and then taking a bite out of the cake.

the 2 sat there in a comfortable silence as both of them exchanged shy glances at each other.

shoyo began to stutter over his words as he fiddled with his hands "u-uhm..m/n? id like to ask you something"

"w-what is it shoyo?"

he blurted it out quickly as his face began to be a deeper shade of red "since i took you out in this date, and we've been going on other ones before, will you please date me?!"

m/n sat there, no response.

shoyo thought that meant he declined and slumped in his seat "i-im sorry..you probably don't feel the same w-

he was cut off when m/n leaned in and kissed him. his soft lips automatically making shoyo perk up and kiss back.

he departed from the seat and smiled at him "does that answer your question, shoyo?"

his face bright red and nodded quickly and held his hands "thank you for not rejecting me.."

m/n patted his hand and smiled "i could never reject you"

the 2 smiled at each other when suddenly a bang was heard across the café and all eyes turned to the window.

out their was a crying sugawara who had just banged into the window "hinataaa you're growing up so fast my little crowww"

tanaka and noya copied as well, crying "our kohai is growing so fast!"

kageyama bursted through the door with a shocked and confused face plastered on him "o-oi you boke! is that why you've been late to practice??"

shoyo rose from his seat and nodded "yeah! do you have a problem with that idiot? im dating someone before you!"

a tic mark appeared on kageyamas face as he grabbed him by his collar and shook him "huhhh? who you calling an idiot boke!"

m/n let out a small giggle as the rest of the team gathered in the café and were asking questions to m/n.

him and shoyo exchanged glances again and smiled at each other.

extra~

back at the gym, kiyoko, yachi, coach ukai and takeda stood their without any players. all confused to why the volleyball players weren't their.

a clearly ticked off ukai let out a growl as he shouted "WHERE ARE ALL THOSE IDIOTS!"

finished! hope you enjoyed this request one shot <3!