Prologue.

It was May the 2nd 1988 when news struck throughout New York. Another female aged 22 had been murdered in cold blood, her heart cut from her chest.
No one knew why the killer removed the victims hearts. Some believed that the killer was an animal but it never made sense, how could an animal possibly know how to perfectly carve into a humans skin and remove their heart. Perhaps it was someone of a greater knowledge, perhaps a surgeon?

Citizens of the city had been told to keep their doors locked and to not be out past 12pm. For who knows what lurked in the darkness. There had been many ruthless murders in New York before, but none like this.

Everything changed when a man entered the police station, briefcase in his hand and glasses sat loosely on his nose.

"I have information about the killings"

Those six words were all it took, immediately he was rushed into a private room, with two detectives on sight. When asked to describe the suspect to the police he spoke blatantly, as if he were speaking from a script.

"It was a man, he was white and tall- about 6 foot. He had brown curly hair and a scar above his left eyebrow. He also had a tattoo of an anchor across his right wrist"

When asked about how he knew this sudden information, the man simply shrugged.

"We were close. When I arrived she had already been murdered. I tried to stop the man but instead I got this-" He lifted his jeans to reveal a recent scar engraved deep in his skin.

"Would you mind giving me your full name sir?" The detective stated, a pen held tightly in her hand.

"Zayn, Zayn Javadd Malik"