Good Morning, Quasimodo

"Good morning."

Quasimodo whispered as he carefully approached the little bird that had been nesting in a gargoyle's mouth.

"Will today be the day? Are you ready to fly?" He asked.

The bird chirped nervously with sadness.

"You sure? Good day to try." He said as he gently picked up the bird. "Why, if- if I picked a day to fly, of, this would be it. The Festival of Fools."

The bird chirped nervously again, so Quasimodo tried persuading him. "It will be fun with jugglers and- and- and music and dancing."

The bird tentatively flapped his wings and began to fly as Quasimodo laughed. The bird excitedly began to chirp as a wave of birds flew past.

"Go on," Quasimodo spoke. "Nobody wants to be cooped up here forever."

The bird chirped out a 'thank you!' as he flew away.

Quasimodo watched the bird fly away in peace before-

"Oh, man!" A short and fat gargoyle named Hugo spat as feathers flew everywhere, "I thought he'd never leave. I'll be spittin' feathers for a week."

"Well, that's what you get for sleeping with your mouth open," chided Victor, a taller and slimmer gargoyle.

"Oh, ha ha," laughed an unamused Hugo. "Go scare a nun. Hey, Quasi, what's goin' on out there?" He said as he patted his shoulder. "A fight? A flogging? A-"

"-A festival!" Victor interrupted.

"You mean a Feast of Fools?"

"Uh-huh," Quasi answered Hugo.

"All right, all right!" He cheered. "Pour the wine and cut the cheese!"

"It is a treat to watch the colorful pageantry of the simple peasant folk," spoke Victor.

Hugo slides over and roughly slams into Quasi.

"Boy, nothin' like balcony seats for watching the ol' FOF."

"Yeah, watching," Quasi sighed as he walked away.

"Oh, look," Hugo said mischievously. "A mime." He went to spit on him before Victor stopped him and motioned to Quasimodo.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. What gives?" Hugo asked.

"Aren't you going to watch the festival with us?" Questioned Victor.

Quasimodo walked away.

"I don't get it," Hugo said. "Maybe he's mopey because (Y/n) hasn't visited yet?"

"Perhaps he's sick," answered Victor.

Laverne, an old gargoyle, hopped over with birds following him.

"Impossible," he spoke. "If twenty years of listenin' to you two hasn't made him sick by now, nothin' will."

"Watching the festival of fools with (Y/n) has always been the highlight of the year for Quasimodo," Victor explained.

"What good is watchin' the party if you never get to go?" Laverne preceded to throw his arms around to get rid of the birds perched atop of him. "He's not made of stone like us."

Quasimodo climbed to the loft where his handmade town was and sat dejectedly.

"Quasi, what's wrong? You want to tell ol' Laverne all about it?"

"I- I just don't feel like watching the festival, that's all."

"Well did you ever think of goin' there instead?"

"Sure," he answered. "But I'd never fit in out there. I'm not. . . normal."

"Oh, Quasi, Quasi, Quasi-" Laverne stopped patting him on the back to address the birds, "Do you mind? I would like to have a moment with the boy if it's alright with you!"

"Hey," Hugo jumped in, "Quit beatin' around the bell tower. What do we gotta do, paint ya a fresco?"

"As your friends and guardians, we insist you attend the festival."

"Me?"

"No, the pope," Hugo said sarcastically. "Of course, you!"

"It would be a veritable potpourri of educational experience-"

"-wine, women, and song-"

"-you can learn to identify various regional cheeses-"

"Bobbin' for snails-"

"-study indigenous folk music-"

"-playin' dunk the monk-"

"-Quasi," Laverne interrupted the two gargoyles, "take it from an old spectator. Life's not a spectator sport. If watchin' is all you're gonna do, then you're gonna watch your life go by without ya."

"Yeah!" Hugo agreed. "You're human, with the flesh and the hair and the navel lint. We're just part of the architecture. Right, Victor?"

"Yet, if you kick us, will we not flake? If you moisten us, do we not grow moss?" Victor said in a Shakespearian way.

"Quasi," Laverne spoke, "Just grab a fresh tunic and a clean pair of hose, and-"

"Thanks for the encouragement," interrupted Quasi. "But you're all forgetting one big thing."

"What?" The gargoyles asked.

"My master, Frollo."

"Oh."

"W-well, when he says you're forbidden from ever leaving the bell tower, d-does he mean 'ever,' ever?"

"Never ever," corrected Quasi. "And he hates the Feast of Fools. He'd be furious if I asked to go."

"Who says you gotta ask?" Hugo said while rubbing his stone hands together. "Ya sneak out and ya sneak back in."

"It's just one afternoon." The old gargoyle added. "He'll never know you were gone."

"And if I get caught?"

"Better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission," wisely spoke Victor.

"He might see me."

"You could wear a disguise. Just this once. What Frollo doesn't know can't hurt ya."

"Ignorance is bliss."

"Nobody wants to stay cooped up here forever."

Quasi still seemed unsure of the plan before Laverne sighed.

"You can take (Y/n) to the festival like you've always wanted."

Quasi jumped out of his seat. "You're right! I'll go."

The gargoyles started cheering.

"I'll get cleaned up. I'll stroll down those stairs. I'll march through the doors and-"

"Good morning, Quasimodo."

Out There (Quasimodo x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara