17: Don't Get Mad, Get Even

Start from the beginning

"But I helped you once!"

"You owed me!" I retorted.

"And I'm trying to pay you all back. I asked Damon to bring me to see Bonnie cause I was full of guilt. She didn't want to see me but I couldn't wait—"

"Exactly. That's selfish."

"But I'm going to help Damon with his mom."

"With his what?" I gasped.

"Bonnie recorded his mom on video when she was escaping the prison world."

"His mom is in the prison world?"

"There's multiple prison worlds. Yes, his mom is in one. I guess Bonnie crossed over somehow when she went traveling the world to escape."

"Wait. So Damon and Stefan's mom is alive?"

"Mhm," he hummed, smiling. "Damon even pulled out her empty casket today cause he didn't believe me when I said she was in a prison world in 1903."

"Whoa, wait a minute. Slow down. 1903? Um... Stefan was 17 when he turned in 1864... His mom died when he was 11. Uh... what's that? 18....58," I said after counting down on my fingers the 6 year difference. "Yeah, so she died in 1858 of consumption. How could she be in a 1903 prison world? Wouldn't she be like 70, what could your family have trapped her for? Knitting?" I questioned, furrowing my brows.

"Like I explained to Damon she wouldn't be in her 70s if she were like you all."

"A vampire?" I asked, crossing my arms. "What? No. And she what? Abandoned her kids? Left them to be abused by Giuseppe? No. She wouldn't do that. Stefan loved her. Said she was the greatest. She loved her sons."

"Well, that's what she did," Kai said. "She turned. So she left them. And then wrecked havoc. You want to know why Stefan is a ripper? Blame his mommy."

"What?" I asked, blood running cold. "Sh-she was a ripper? She was a vampire? Are you serious?"

"Yeah, Kenzie. I'm dead serious," Kai stated. I went to ask more when Elena decided to join us.

"What is he doing here?" She growled.

"I was just leaving," Kai said.

"Wait," I frowned. "I need to know more—"

"You and Damon both. I'll explain later," Kai told me and then he walked away. Reluctantly, I let him. I didn't want to tell Elena what I just found out. And I surely didn't want to chance Stefan overhearing. I needed to talk to Damon.

"What was that about?" Elena asked me as I stated at his retreating back. I was itching to know more. How could Lily Salvatore abandon my Stefan? How could she leave her sons? Her two good boys alone with a monster?

"I don't know," I lied. "He was vague and didn't explain himself. But... enough of that. What's going on inside?"

Elena gave me a weird look, glancing back where Kai was disappearing into the night. Then she shrugged it off and looked back at me. "I couldn't find Bonnie anywhere and she's still not picking up the—"