Ryan snorted. "Just a couple?"

"Normal is overrated anyways," James said dismissively. "The important thing is that our wedding has you, me, your family, our friends, and of course," he grinned at Ryan's direction, lifting a glass of orange juice in a toast. "The best man."

"Me?" Ryan's eyes widened again, before he broke out into a smile. "Really?"

His dad smiled, clapping him on the back. "Of course, buddy. No one better."

"I'm honored." Ryan smiled, happy for his parents. He looked away as they shared another kiss, but the smile never left his face. He'd always wanted a family like this, a happy one, and while what they already had was amazing, this would make it even better.

"I just heard."

Shelby looked up just in time to see Sue Sylvester falling into stride with her as she headed to her classroom. "Sue. Nice to see you."

Sue just nodded at her left hand. "Congratulations on buying into the marriage craze that's been sweeping the world since the beginning of time. I hope you'll be happy with your ball and chain. Mazel tov. I'll be waiting for subsequent news of your epic divorce in, oh, ten years."

"Thank you, Sue," Shelby responded, smiling in amusement. "And how are you this fine day?"

"Pretty good, actually. I got to annoy Butt-Chin and the Golden Marmoset in the staff lounge, so my day is pretty much made."

They came to a stop outside of Shelby's classroom. "Hey Miss Corcoran," Puck nodded at Shelby, aiming a flirtatious smile in her direction.

Shelby nodded back. "Mr. Puckerman. You should get inside, the bell's about to ring."

"Sure thing, Miss C." He winked as he entered the classroom.

Sue narrowed her eyes at the mohawked boy's retreating back. "Well, well, well. It seems that someone has picked up a not-so-secret admirer. Any thoughts on that, Ice Queen?" Shelby gave her an unimpressed look. "You know, it's kind of surprising how this is the first student crush."

"Why Susan Sylvester -"

"Don't call me Susan."

"- Are you calling me attractive?" Shelby winked at her. "The compliment is appreciated." She waved her left hand. "Unfortunately for you, I'm taken. But you know, if I weren't sporting this rock..."

"Please, Barbra. As if you could handle the great Sue Sylvester. And wait. What do you mean by that?" Sue narrowed her eyes again. "Is our resident Broadway wannabe admitting to proclivities?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," the brunette smirked. "And I wouldn't say this is the first student crush."

Sue rolled her eyes. "All right, the first open one then. Anyone with eyes can see Boobs McGee's got the hots for you. But back to the point at hand. If you even consider falling for Puckerman I'll be sure to book you a private suite at the Lima Mental Hospital."

Shelby scoffed. "Please. I'm not a complete idiot. He's a student, not to mention he's the father of my son's girlfriend's daughter. I have no interest in being in a soap opera, thank you very much."

"Now that you mention it that would make for a fascinating TV show," Sue said thoughtfully. "A band of singing misfits who always miraculously come out on top with no preparation whatsoever, with a hodgepodge of vaguely incestuous romantic relations as a subplot."

"Only if the writing was fantastic. I bet it would go downhill after the first season or two."

"Right. Anyhoo, I should get going. Gonna be late for my campaign manager. The polls have me leading the race, so you are looking at the newest Ohio congresswoman, as soon as the votes get in in two weeks."