Decisions To Be Made

Only two more chapters for part 1. Time skip will happen soon, after a sad event. Enjoy the fluff while you can everyone! Enjoy~

The second visit to Gray Terminal with the dragon was not uneventful, like the last one. It was bad.

The three were sifting through piles of junk, because Luffy sincerely wanted to see the stars better, and when he was informed of the existence of telescopes, he wanted one so bad he moped and even cried a bit when he was told they'd probably never get one.

Luffy was five, and had never had a tantrum before, so him crying over something like this just made the boys desperately want to find a telescope for him to enjoy, even though one would have to hold it in front of the dragon's eye.

They'd had no luck, while Luffy stuck close and poked and prodded at new things in the junk. The place was fascinating for him, and he was curious as to what the people were like, but they stayed away from the boys on a regular day, and especially on a day where the demon children had a monster with them.

Sabo was at one trash pile when a guard from the city came up to him, along with the resident pirates that Ace and Sabo secretly looked down upon. He was no pirate, just staying in one place and killing your own men. But, why was a guard with him and why were they both approaching Sabo.

Ace hurried over, and told Luffy to stay behind the trash pile, and to coat himself in ice just for safety. Luffy nodded and covered himself in ice, wondering what was happening and why Ace and Sabo seemed tense. But he did as Ace said, and hid.

"This him?" the guard asked, and suddenly Sabo's dad was there. The man they'd run into a couple months back while in high town. Sabo blanched in the sight of his hateful father. He backed away a step, desperately wanting to get away. He didn't want to be reminded of his old life, and especially didn't want to see the man who made it so horrible.

"Yes. Sabo, we are going home, now." And he was grabbed by the hand, being pulled.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" Ace shouted angrily, approaching Sabo and his father, ready to yank his brother away from the noble. When he got closer, a gun was pointed at his head. So it was going to be this kind of confrontation. "No, I don't think so," Ace snapped, yanking the gun to the side. It surprised the pirate, who had assumed Ace would stay still with a gun pointed at his head.

"Ace, don't!" Sabo said, putting his hand out to stop Ace from going on a rampage. "I'll be fine," he lied, his voice shaking.

"I'm not gonna let you be so selfish and just leave your good life. We can take these guys!" Ace insisted, ignoring the warning shot from the confused and flustered pirate. Ace turned and spit on him. He wasn't afraid of this man. Afraid of any of them. Ace was practically invincible, so he was not worried. Even when the man shot Ace in the head. Of course it went right through, but someone didn't like that at all.

The man was suddenly impaled with shards of ice, killing him quickly. Ace turned in horror to see Luffy stalking over, radiating fury, something neither brother had ever seen or expected. You won't hurt Ace!

"Luffy, calm down," Ace said sternly. Luffy just glared at him, and, instead of killing the others, he froze them in ice. No one hurts Ace and Sabo!

Others had gathered from the gunshot, making sure to be a ways away but still able to see. But when they saw a man suddenly impaled with ice that had just materialized out of nowhere, they promptly left in a hurry.

"What the hell is that?! Shoot it!" Sabo's father shouted, but the guard was petrified. He had no clue what this thing was, and it just killed that pirate, so easily. "Come, Sabo!"