Chapter Two: Throwing You Off Of A Tower Because That's What Friends Are For

Like promised, Liz arrived at the Red Lion five minutes later and entered the pub right away.

"THERE SHE IS!" shouted a young girl, with short brown hair and amber eyes. "I WAS GETTING DESPERATE!"

"Sorry Clare!" said Liz, while hugging the smaller girl. She was happy to see her old friend.

"Clare was so desperate that she kept looking at her watch for five minutes straight!" said another woman, with long strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Annie!" exclaimed Liz, hugging her too. They had been friends since school (Magic School of course) and now they were in the Other World, to have a different experiment, go to an university, and live a normal life.

Clare was one year younger than the two other girls, but that didn't seem to intimidate her. She was always making sassy comments about everything (Annie blamed Liz for this, since she was known as "Sass Queen") and, after that night at a club, all the boys in the group were scared of her. She nearly sent a boy to the hospital because he was trying to get to Annie.

"Oh, look who's finally here!" exclaimed a male voice that Liz recognized right away.

"Harry? What are you doing here?"

"Came here to see my sister." said Harry, Annie's brother. "And Nick wanted to come here to see the Other World, so... I had no choice."

"Nick's here too?"

"I heard my name!" exclaimed a short boy with black hair and green eyes.

"Nick!" screamed Liz, hugging him.

"What- Lizzie? Oh my stars, what a surprise!"

Nick and Liz had been best friends since kids. Liz was the only one that hadn't judge him and Nick was the only one who understanded her.

"So, you're coming to University with us?" he asked.

"Yeah! I'm so excited! What course are you taking?"

"Science."

"Ugh. No, forget it, I've had enough 'science' in Magic School."

"Oh really?" said Nick, a malicious smile on his face. "Maybe you're not taking it because it's only for the best..."

"I had better grades than you at school!" said Liz, punching his shoulder, only enough for him to feel it. "And I prefer Literature."

"Great! Me and Patrick are taking it too!" screamed Annie.

"And who's Patrick?" asked Liz, confused.
Annie's cheeks were covered in red and her brother, with the same smile as Nick, started talking.

"Oh, she didn't tell you? Well, Patrick West is a man, same age as us, with brown hair and beautiful blue eyes..."

"Shut up Harry!" shouted Annie, slapping his arm. "What about you and Nick?"

It was Harry's turn to be as red as a rose.
"I-I don't know what you're talking 'bout..." he stuttered.

"Wait a minute - Clare has Frank, Harry has Nick, Annie has that Patrick guy... am I the only one single?" said Liz.

"You'll find someone eventually..." Clare comforted her. "And it won't be an idiot like mine..."

Liz laughed, as Clare looked over her shoulder and sighed.

"Oh no... there he is..."

"Clarey! My princess!" shouted Frank, hugging her and pecking her cheek. "I was talking to Mitch to exchange my shift, so I could be with you! Isn't that nice?"