"So, are you ready to go in?" Soph asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah, let's go in." I said as I opened the door for her.

"Wow, Niall, this restaurant looks incredible!" She whisper exclaimed excitedly. And she was absolutely right, the pictures didn't make it justice, the place was amazing. Perfect for a romantic first date, even if she didn't actually know that this was our first date.

"I'm glad you liked it." I whispered back as we approached the hostess, who did a small double take when she saw me, I'm pretty sure she was surprised to see me here, but she regained her composure as I spoke. "Hi, table for 2, under Horan."

"S..sure." She stuttered nervously as she fidgeted with the menus. "Follow me." She spoke before she turned on her heels and started walking, Soph and I following her close behind. "Here's your table." She told us as she pointed to a booth that was pretty secluded from the rest, just like I had requested. I didn't want any other incidents that could potentially ruin our perfect day.

"Thank you." Sofia beamed at her before seating in one of the couches as I sat on the one across from her.

"Here are your menus, and the waiter will be here shortly." The hostess explained as she handed us our menus before leaving us alone, finally.

We had a great time all throughout dinner, the food was finger licking delicious, and we were having a great time. But I just couldn't stop thinking about what I was going to tell her during the fireworks and with every passing second I became more and more nervous. It was a good thing that there wasn't going to be anyone around us, the restaurant only let celebrities and people in the public eye use the terrace, so that they could watch the fireworks in peace without having to worry about being mobbed or papped.

"Everything okay?" Soph asked me with a concerned look in her face, which must have matched the one plastered in mine. I just wasn't good in hiding my emotions.

"Yeah, everything's fine, don't worry." I smiled at her, still nervous as fuck. Even my palms were sweaty, and they never are.

We finished eating and now it was finally time for the fireworks. Of course Sofia kept her promise and didn't let me pay for anything again, despite my protests, since this was a pricier restaurant. But I'll admit, it felt nice to have someone pay for you and show you that they care about you. 

"I have one more surprise for you." I told her as we got up from our table and started directing her to the back of the restaurant.

"Really? What is it?" She asked me smiling from ear to ear. 

"We're going to see the fireworks!" I exclaimed.

"Oh! I love to see the fireworks!" She started jumping up and down and clapping like a 5 year old whenever they get a new toy, not caring that everyone else in the restaurant was speaking in hushed voices. Thank god we were near the entrance to the terrace, so that we wouldn't draw so much attention to ourselves.

"Yeah, me too. Let's get going." I told her as I took her hand in mine, opening the door that led to the private terrace. Or well, the staircase that led to the private terrace, where we would have a 360º degree view. God, now I was even more nervous than before. I checked my clock, it was already 9:27 pm, which meant that the fireworks would start in 3 minutes. We hurried up the stairs and finally opened the door to the private terrace, it was adorned with string lights and candles, as per my request. It looked amazing. 

"Wow Niall, this looks amazing." Sofia spoke in awe as she admired everything. "Did..did you plan this?" She stuttered, clearly nervous. 

"Yeah." I admitted nervously as well. "Soph..." I spoke as I reached for both of her hands, making her turn my way, our faces inches apart. God, I'm so nervous right now, she has no idea of the impact she has on me, she makes me weak in my knees. I know they're already weak thanks to my genes, but you know what I mean. "I have to tell you something." I continue.

"Yeah? What is it?" I can sense the nervousness in her voice, but I can see a spark in her eyes as they light up when she smiles at me.

"I just think that you're amazing, you're always there for me, you help me with any problems I have, whenever something bad happens you are the person in which I seek comfort in, and when something good happens in my life, you're the first person that I want to tell. I love spending time with you, this past week and half has been the most incredible week in my life, you make me feel like I can be myself with you, show you every side of me, you make me feel like I'll always have someone there for me no matter what, even when we hadn't met in person. I've never felt this way with someone else, and I really wanted to tell you that I like you. Like so freaking much that it scares me, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer, I've been dying to tell you." I finally finished as I saw her smile grow even bigger.

"Niall.." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? How cute is Niall?  What do you think Sofia will answer? I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!