"Don't be fucking stupid. The guy who didn't give you the time of day in high school isn't going to look out for you now." Lexie stated. Adelaide sighed, her speech hit deeply within the girl. Harry didn't pay any attention towards Addy back in school, back when he was rich and she was poor, back when he was popular and she wasn't.

"As for Allie, she's a bit more complicated. She gets things done. Like a dictator gets things done. You know, here's a story you don't know. After people got sick at thanksgiving, Allie and her military police started interrogating people. They interrogated me, in the dark, for four hours." The crowd gasped at her statement as she continued.

"I got my period in the middle, and they made me change in front of them. I had to take off my clothes while they watched." Lexie grew more aggressive but Helena interrupted her, stating that her time was done.

"No I'm not done yet. I had to cover my menstrual blood so they couldn't see. I had to hide my breasts and that's just me. Imagine what else she and her secret police do when no one is there." she walked over towards Allie.

"You arrested Elle. Didn't you?" Lexie asked, forcing Allie for an answer before she confirmed the statement's candour. "You arrested Adelaide for nothing. You torture people for no reason, who wants to vote for someone like that, someone who controls everything!"

"What will you do differently Lexie?" Allie asked, her eyes glossing over at the personal attack. "I'm gonna stop you." Lexie replied, erupting a loud stream of applause and cheers from the audience.

After the chaos that pursued in the church, Addy made her way with Harry back to his house. The two sat in the kitchen in silence, both shocked by the events that just happened. Harry was interrupted by Kelly on the way home, her showing the couple a photograph of the bus driver who was apparently in a meeting with Harry's mom the day before everyone disappeared.

"I mean. Lexie does have a point." Adelaide stated, making a coffee. She glanced at Harry who was sat by the table with his head in his hands. "What do you mean she has a point, she destroyed any chance that I could've had becoming mayor." Harry replied looking up at the girl.

Addy sighed, "Harry, before Campbell wrote your name down you had no interest in becoming mayor. Don't change that now just because Campbell wants some power." Harry shook his head, growing frustrated with her.

"Can't I just do something for myself, Addy? What, I want to run for mayor and this is some ulterior motive of Campbell's? I want to take drugs for fun and this is Campbell's way of manipulating me? Leave me alone!" Harry threw his arms in the air in annoyance.

Adelaide shook her head before replying, "Just when I thought things were ok between us you fall into that asshole's little trap. Choose one, it's either Campbell or me. You decide." she stormed out of the front door.

Adelaide once again sat at the front of the church, listening to Helena's speech about the upcoming election. Suddenly, Lexie, Harry and Luke burst through the doors and began walking towards the front.

"I'm sorry to do this this way." Lexie begun, "But, there isn't going to be an election. Allie and Will have been arrested by the guard. They're under house arrest right now for trying to steal the election." The crowd murmured between each other, shocked by the revelation.

Luke spoke up, "I heard them talking about it when they didn't realise I was in the room. But they control the ballots. They weren't gonna lose. No matter what happened with the vote, they were gonna win."

Lexie continued, "I think it's pretty clear that I was actually going to win, but because of how things have happened I think it's best if Harry and I serve as mayors of New Ham together. And as soon as we can, we'll hold an election for the council."

Adelaide shook her head, looking at Harry smirking at the front. She stood up, "How can we believe you Lexie? Where's your proof?" Everybody seemed taken aback at the girls query considering her and Harry were together.

"Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I thought yours would be a little different Addy." Lexie bluntly replied causing Adelaide to stand up and begin striding towards the girl. Clark rushed to the front and held Addy back. "This is bullshit!" she shouted.

"Get off me! Harry..." Adelaide tried to push Clark off of her, calling out to Harry for support. The three began to walk out of the church but Addy grabbed Harry's arm as he was walking out. "I'm guessing you chose Campbell." she stated but Harry ignored her and walked off.

After the meeting at the church, Adelaide rushed to Harry's house to see everyone moving out. "Hey." Harry greeted the girl, thinking she had forgiven him. "What the fuck, Harry." Addy stated, her voice level gradually getting louder.

"What? We got everything that we wanted, right? It's just not in the way we expected." Harry was confused, in his mind this plan should only bring him and Adelaide closer together. Addy shook her head, "You're lying, all of you. And Campbell's behind this, isn't he? Leading you two idiots-"

Harry tried to quieten the girl down, "Shut the fuck up. For your own safety, shut the fuck up." Addy let out a sarcastic laugh, "What, are you threatening me?" she asked in response to his order.

"No, I'm protecting you. I mean, who cares who's in charge? It's just a game. The thing is, we need to stay safe." Harry replied trying to explain. Adelaide cut him off, "Has anything happened to Allie?" She asked not really concerned for Will's safety as much.

"No, no. I don't think so." He replied, uncertain in his reply. "You don't think so?" Addy asked, confused as to what he meant before continuing, "Oh my god Harry, what have you done?" she asked. "What the fuck have you done?" Adelaide stormed out of the door.

A couple of hours later she made her way down to the library. Where she heard a crowd was gathering. A car pulled up and Allie and Will were led out by the guard. The crowd began to shout disgusting comments at the two.

Harry whistled, preparing to say something. "These are people who we trusted. Who betrayed us. We wanted you to see them for who they really are." Allie jumped forward rejecting what he was saying as people in the crowd began to throw stones at the two.

Lexie jumped in front of them, "No, no. Stop ok! Listen to me, you cannot do it this way. We'll figure it out, but not like that because we are not a mob. We still have rules here. We'll figure out what their punishment should be eventually."

Grizz appeared in the back of the crowd, "What the fuck's going on, Luke?" Him and his group that went out looking for land a week back had returned. "Stay quiet, Grizz." Luke replied. Gwen asked, "What are you doing, Clark?"

Allie jumped forward, "Did you find land, Grizz?" Grizz nodded his head, "Yeah Allie we found land to farm. And animals, and fish. Why is she bleeding?" He asked, walking forward.

Lexie interrupted, "Everything stays the same, ok? When things change, they'll change slowly. We'll learn how to farm. We'll be okay. Just for now, go back to your houses. Dinner at 6 in the cafeteria as usual. Just...go home."

Adelaide stood, shocked. The town she once knew was gone. The town she had grown to like. Her boyfriend had gone, the boy she had grown to like. This wasn't West Ham anymore. This wasn't even New Ham. This is somewhere different, somewhere more sinister.

End. 1886 words.

wow! that's it, season 1 is officially over! so don't expect any updates from this book until season two comes out. I might write another the society fan fiction but i am going to focus on my other book, 'forever' so if any of you have watched the vampire diaries feel free to check that out! thank you for reading and stay tuned for season 2! :)