Überraschung

Hami has a surprise for Jami. Jami isn't the most fond of surprises, especially from large dinosaurs who eat coconut crabs without getting to know them first. But Jami is eager to see what antics Hami is up to today anyway.

She swam along the reef near the beach where Hami has their house. The waves brought her onto the sand. "Sand is so gross," she murmured.

"Lovely day, eh?" A little crab waved to Jami.
"Yes, it is quite warm," she responded.
"Hey, you haven't seen a coconut crab around have you? Named Cami? I haven't seen her in days."
Jami rolled sideways to face the crab. "Cami? I met Cami two days ago! She was so sweet! I haven't seen her since then though." Cami cannot be dead because she is an -ami. Only Hami could know where she is now.
"That's alright," the crab crawled sideways toward the ocean, "any information is better than nothing. Have a good one!"
"You too! I hope you find Cami!"

She continued up to Hami's porch. After she sees this 'surprise'—whatever that may be—she'll ask if they know of Cami's whereabouts.

Yesterday, she fixed up Hami's door for them, since it was bothering them and they didn't want to fix it themself. She knocked on the newly fixed up door.

"Come in!" Hami called from inside.
"Hami. You poured my tank onto me the other day. I won't be able to stay inside for very long, if I make it inside at all. Why don't you keep it?" Jami already knows Hami will say no. Why does she bother.
"No thanks. No water in here. Unless it's to drink. Do you want me to drink you up?"
"Do it you won't." She grinned sharkly.
"JUST COME IN!" Hami yelled. This is ridiculous.
"I CAN'T!!!" She called back, mocking Hami's yelling.

"Oh, I see..." this was a new tone for Hami. What are they up to? It went quiet.
"...Hami?" Jami tried to look through the window, but Hami never cleans it.
"Hey Jami," Hami said, right up next to the door. She backed up a bit.
"What?" She said.
Hami snickered, "do you need..."
They busted down the newly fixed door, exploding it to pieces. "A HAND?!"
There they were. Hami, with robot arms attached to their small two-fingered ones.
"What. Did. You. Do." Jami couldn't believe her eyes. Hami stretched their new arms out wide. "What does it look like? I made myself a pair of arms!"
"Do you want me to ask why?"
"I'd actually prefer you keep your stupid teeth out of my fucking face, but sure. Ask."
Jami sighed. "Hami, why did you make yourself longer arms?"

"With longer, stronger arms I can easily reach the fruit from the trees, pick up the remote for the TV without having to get off the couch, hold virtually anything without having to use my mouth and have to taste it (igitt), and I can finally replace the lightbulbs in my house, allowing me to see. Need I go on, finsoup?" For the first time ever, it doesn't look all that ridiculous when Hami puts their fists on their hips.
"That's an awfully tame list of activities you like to do, Hami. Are you sure that's all you're using these arms for?" Jami lifted her sharkbrows.
"Jami, Jami, Jami. You just cannot trust me, ever. Can you? You always act like a little angel. You're a shark." Hami walked toward Jami, causing her to hop backwards. "Sharks are ruthless creatures. You don't think about the little things. Sometimes I don't think you think at all. You just can't be happy for me for gaining more control over my life."
"Ah. There you are." Jami smiled.

"I'll prove to you that I can be 'tame'! You rat!" Hami stomped over to a coconut tree. They grabbed a coconut very easily with the new arm. They turned around, tossing the coconut up and catching it again over and over. "Oh how tame this is!"
Jami froze. She nearly forgot to ask about Cami, the coconut crab. Hami turned, still with the coconut and hummed, walking back inside their house.
"Hey, Hami! Have you seen Cami around? A crab at the beach was looking for her!"
"Who? I haven't seen any crabs today."
"You know who!" Jami hopped after them. "Where is Cami, Hami?" She bit their tail and dragged them back out. "Tell me!"
"Let go!" Hami roared.
"Hami."
Hami marched toward a washed up boat that had probably been in the ocean for hundreds of years. Hami likes to collect washed up junk. "Look, Jami! I can benchpress an old pirate ship!"
"HAMI!"
"WHAT?!"
"WHERE. IS. CAMI?!!"
"Probably in the sewer."
"Haaammmiiii!! >:("
Hami tilted their head, "how did you say that out loud? Wh-"
Jami was already hopping her way to a nearby street so she could get into the sewer. How dare Hami do that to them? Cami must be cold and scared all alone down there! Fear not, Cami. Jami is On her way!