Chapter 1

(I do not own Resident Evil.)

Piers was trapped in darkness, but the golden, glowing door in front of him wouldn't open. He scowled and aimed at it, maybe he could shoot it open? Wait, what was behind it? Why was he trying to open it?

Something sparked behind him, and he twirled around

A blue, fog-like, apparition like, blue, shapeless form drifted towards him. Sparks of electricity crackled around it.

Piers took a step back. He raised his anti-material rifle as it drifted slowly closer, "stay back! Get away from me!"

The sparkling ghost-like thing paused.

Piers glanced towards the door for only a second. When he looked back, the mist had echoed the way Piers had looked when the C-virus mutated him.

The ghost-like creature grinned, it's mutated arm sparked. Faster than lightning, the form exploded towards Piers.

There were only two things he was aware of. The electicity coursing through his body, and the only thing he could see was blue.

....................

In merely a second, the comatose person in the panic room gained consciousness. Electricity bounced off the walls, bursting from the man in the middle of the electric storm and leaving scorch marks on the walls, ceiling, floor, everywhere they hit. Every light in the huge D.S.W facility building flickered on and off. A few lights and computers even burst.

Piers screamed, and screamed, and screamed, in the middle of all the chaos.

The blue cleared from his eyes, and he regained his sight.

The electricity exploding out of his body calmed a bit before stopping all together.

Newly regenerated by the virus, Piers's mutated arm now looked the way it always had before he got infected. A slight scar ran down his face where the virus had started tearing his face apart, and the unfortunate eye that had been on the side that had been mutated was an electric blue color and had a lightningbolt shaped yellow pupil. As always, his hair was fine. His new arm had scars lightly tinged a blue color twirling around and down his arm like a snake, making it look like he had a tattoo.

"Dang, Pikachu," a voice said over a now singed speaker in the ceiling, "I've never seen anybody react to realizing they're still alive like you just did."

-Piers-(because I'm going to attempt first person)

I looked around my surroundings, startled. I was still alive!?! NOO!! What if I lose control and the virus takes over!?! Does Captain know I'm still alive? What if he's in a bar or something drinking his life away!?

"Pikachu?"

Pikachu? Seriously? As if being a monster wasn't bad enough, whoever the person on the other end of that speaker was was giving me a nickname as if making sure I don't forget I'm a monster now.

My arm sparked in anger, but I took no notice.

Where was my anti-material rifle? More importantly, have I been captured by the enemy!?

"Don't panic, Pikachu!" the voice said quickly, "we ain't gonna kill you or nothing! We're good guys! I promise!"

I observed my surroundings. A panic room, it seems. Smart. There isn't really anything I could use against anybody who tries something.

I could use my mutation to my advantage. But if I do, will I possibly lose control? I know enough martial arts to make a difference, perhaps I could take down at least one armed person before anybody else shot me or such. This panic room was different than the ones for people with mental problems and such, for it simply had flat walls, floor, and ceiling, so I was left to merely my own devices.