3 The New Life

When I leave the room I see Marco look up. He was leaning on the wall right in front. 

“How long were you there?” I ask looking at his cozy stance.

“The whole time.” He smirks. The way his lips part when he does makes my chest flutter a little harder. Then I remember that I have to be mad at him. He ruined my life. He brought me here. He made me grow out my fangs. He didn’t let me leave. He wouldn’t take me home. 

Now I am stuck here.

He sees the change in my facial expression while I turn to the left and walk away from him.

“Did I do something?” He tries to catch up with me, but I keep my pace fast. I wish I knew where I was going . . .

I see a set of stairs on the right side of the corridor, and run down them. He follows me down trying to keep up with my pace. I strive to ignore his continuous questioning to focus on where I will go next. 

I see a door in front of me and head straight for it. But when I reached for the knob, Marco already grabbed my arm and spun me around.

“What happened in there? Did you not go through with the feeding?” I see concern in his eyes.

“Marco, I just really want to be alone right now okay?” I couldn’t look into his eyes. If I do I will chicken out on punching him. I have to punch him now.

I look up. Damn. My eyes betrayed me. I see how worry travels around his face. Damn I can’t punch his face. His beautiful face . . .

No, I can’t chicken out. 

“I can lead you to your dorm.” His eyes are shining so brightly in this light.

No, I have to punch him

“Okay,” my words betrayed me.

I have to walk away.

“What is your dorm number?”

Go, just punch him right under his cheekbones. 

His perfect cheekbones. . . 

“526,” damn it, shut up Aubrey.

He gently puts him hand on my back, guiding me to the dorm rooms.

I still couldn’t believe this was happening, at least I wasn’t looking at his face. 

I realized that dorm number 526 was taking longer than I expected, so I attempted to ask him the questions that were burning away and eating at my soul, “Why did you do that in the dorm this morning?”

“Do what? Watch you sleep? You were so cute, did you know you talk in your sleep?”

“No, I wasn’t talking about that. Wait, I never talked in my sleep.” 

“Oh, ya you do. You kept going, ‘Marco, save me! I am in need of a sexy savior!”

I playfully pushed him, “that’s not what I was trying to say,” I watched how we entered a more square room. Each wall had a corridor leading into dorm hallways. My assumption was that the genders were mixed. I saw both girls and boys heading down same passages. 

There were couches placed in the center of the room, occupied by students busily typing away on their computers or scribbling noted from their textbooks. The one thing they all had in common was their clothing. The spectrum of colors were only made up of red, black, and grey.

“This is the lobby.”

To my right side I see Adrian walk over our way. “Cool, huh?”

I look over my shoulder to where Marco was suppose to be, but instead he was laughing with two girls.