2 The Fledgling

My eyes spring open.

I look around and see how I am lying in a bed and in the same clothes as last night, thank God. But I am not in my bed. The room I was in wasn’t mine either, or one I was familiar with. It was huge and painted blue and had darker blue furniture. There was a blue garage-band poster on one of the walls. The bed was blue, the couch on the opposite wall was blue, and the chair next to the bed was blue. The person siting in the chair was Marco.

“Good you’re awake.” His british accent flooding his words. All the memories from last night came back to me. 

I sat up quickly and situated myself as far away on the bed form him as possible. 

“Where am I? What is going on?” I ask hugging my knees to my chest in fear.

“George will explain everything.” He sighs. “We need to go meet him now.”

"What did you do to me last nigh? I am not going anywhere until you explain what is going on.” I say firmly, even though I’m nothing but on the inside.

He sighs again and leans back on the chair. “You wouldn’t believe me if I did.”

“Try me.” I said, I needed to know how I ended up here, wherever here was.

“You are a vampire, and never knew. We would sue your parents for not teaching you about your own race, but they died, and I am apparently your mentor for your training.”

“You’re right, I don’t.” I say. Maybe he is on drugs, or maybe he is trying to mess with me. Maybe I'm hallucinating. Either way I’m scared, and I don’t want him to know. I have no idea where I am, or where Sigrid or Jason is.

I groan, thinking about Jason.

He was pissing me off so much last night, I guess I shouldn’t care what he is doing or where he is.

“I need to go home.”

“Well, you can’t.” He says, looking into my eyes, but I avoid his.

“Well, I have a right.” I slide off the bed from the corner farthest from him. “You can’t kidnap me.”

“We also have a right. In our laws every vampire has to know what they are and have at least one year of learning and training.” He says. His jaw is clenched slightly and his face looks mildly pissed.

“Fine, maybe there are vampires in the world, but I am not your kind. Don’t try and convince me otherwise. I am human. H-U-M-A-N. I am not a freak like you.” 

“Well if you’re human, how do you explain your fangs?” He asks.

“They weren’t real, I hallucinated them, because I’m sick.” I didn’t need to tell him about my anemia, but he was frustrating me and I wanted to get home.

“Sure you use to have a sickness, but now you are healed. And what you have seen last night was real.” He smirks a little.

“Prove it.” I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

Then he takes a step forward. 

I take one back.

And knock into the wall.

“Show me proof.” I say.

He smiles a mischievous smile. “Are you hungry?” I look at my stomach. “I guess,”

He smiles again, “Good.”

Marco goes over to the opposite wall. In the corner next to a closet is a mini-fridge that I was too busy to pay attention to. He shuffles through it and retreats a glass cup with a dark red substance. I take a tiny sniff of air. Blood.