13: Unforgettable

Start from the beginning

Picking up her phone to check the time, she saw that it was 8 in the morning. Her notifications were blowing up. There were text messages from Lillian and a couple of her co-workers, wishing her a happy birthday. She couldn't find the energy to respond, so put her phone on do not disturb and went right back to sleep.

In the past six days, both Brena and Lillian had to deal with their demons. Brooklyn Dawns has yet to feed Lillian with new information about her parents, so when they arrived from their trip, she had to put up an act as if nothing was wrong.

However, it was getting difficult keeping up with the charade.

Things with Damien have been going great. Now that the holidays are over, they're hoping to see more of each other. The texting and FaceTiming has been great but she preferred physical contact. Waking up at exactly 6 am, Lillian stepped out for a run. She inserted her AirPods into her ears and out the door she went. For her, running has been a great way to cope when things aren't going well.

15 minutes into her run, Lillian ran out of breath. She stopped in her tracks as her chest heaved up and down. She paused and placed her hands on top of her knees. "Damn. I'm slacking. What the hell?" Lillian mumbled in between breaths with a hunched back.

She took a deep breath then rose up to continue her last lap. By 7:30 am, she returned home and took off her black Puma leggings with white splatter print and dumped it along side the black sweater she wore into the dirty clothes pile. Immediately, she headed to the shower. 

Drizzling her olay body wash onto her loofah, she used it to scrub her skin as the water rained on her. With both her eyes closed, Lillian threw her head back dazed in her thoughts. The first thing on her list was to go and get the items she'll need, on her way to Brena's house. The next agenda, was having lunch with her father at his office tomorrow.

"Who am I kidding? I really don't want to but I stall any longer, he'll know I'm avoiding him on purpose." She lamented.

Coming out of the shower, she dried off her body and massaged her cocoa butter lotion over her skin. She sends Brena another happy birthday text with a GIF to cheer her up. Not wanting to wear a big jacket for the day, she decided to double up. This way, she could be comfy at Brena's. She wore a black sports bra with black leggings underneath and a tank top. Then, she settled for a pair of dark distressed denim jeans paired with a black turtleneck sweater top.

Her blonde curly hair was sitting in a puffy high bun. After laying down her edges, she sat on her white faux leather bench to slip on a black colored pair of Michael Kors leather ankle boots. She clasped her gold Michael Kors watch on wrist and attached gold hoop earrings.

Gazing into the mirror, she moved her dark red matte lipstick in a swift motion. She patted her lips for proper application and tilted her neck to the side, spritzing her Chanel Allure perfume. She wore a camo puffer jacket to complete her outfit then exited her home. As she walked to the garage, a text message was sent to her parents telling them Good morning and that she loved them.

A false statement of how she truly felt.

Her outfit was black on black so she chose the black BMW M8. Blasting Position by Roddy Richh, she sped off to the nearby store. Lillian purchased a rose gold 23 happy birthday balloon, a large blue teddy bear, a box of 24 count Ferrero Rocher chocolates, and 2 cans of Talenti ice cream.