Blue

Ten years ago...

    The sky was blue, wind was blowing, the auditorium was packed with people. This was a remarkable summer for Louise because she had graduated from high school and got into one of the top universities with her passionate dream of becoming a psychologist. This was not only for herself, but also for her beloved sister, who had passed away.

    Lauren was seven years older than her sister, Louise. She was a beautiful, talented artist, who had always been a role model for her sister. Lauren went to an art university where she met Tom and they fell in love. One day, she came home and told the family about their relationship and wanted to get married. Louise knew there was something wrong because she was sure that her sister would definitely not get married with someone she had been dating for just three months.

    But things were all set, Lauren and Tom got married, she got out to live with Tom and they had a baby, Jerry. Louise was in her first year of high school, everything was new to her so she video called Lauren every weekend. Unfortunately, a month after Jerry was born, Louise started to notice her sister's swollen eyes and small bruises on her arms. No matter how many times she had asked, Lauren refused to tell her.

    The situation was getting worse and worse. One time, they were video calling, Louise saw Tom open the door and suddenly yell, followed by Lauren's abrupt hung up call. As how things work, the fragile relationship lasted for another two months and broke out. Lauren and Tom got divorced, Jerry was decided to come with his father and would meet his mother twice a week.

    Though everything had been settled and Lauren came back home, Louise was even more worried about her because she knew her sister was still experiencing postpartum depression. Lauren was going through a deep pain as a mother, a wife, and even a young lady who was supposed to have the most joyful life with dreams and hopes. Louise tried to talk and cheer Lauren up but it didn't seem to work out. Lauren ate less and less, she kept things to herself. It felt as if an invisible wall had been built thicker and thicker between the two.

    On a sunny weekend day, the sisters had planned to go fishing at Blossom Lake. After getting ready, Louise excitedly wait for Lauren. Time kept on passing but Lauren still hadn't come out of her room. Sensing something, Louise came and called for her sister, all she got was a scary and deadly silence. Her heart began to beat faster and faster. Sweats dropping the moment she opened the door. Right in front of her eyes, a piece of cloth hanging from the ceiling, a young lady wearing a black dress with her feet above the ground. Lauren had committed suicide by hanging herself.