2: Illusion

in my last chapter I accidentally wrote Jonathan instead of Harry towards the end. That was what his name was going to be until I changed my decision. So there won't be anymore of those typos haha. Thanks for reading this! -lollipoplady1223

I laugh as Harry tells me all of his pick up lines. He seems amused by himself as well. I take a sip of my vanilla milkshake in between pauses of him making me laugh.

"Your eyes have a perfect wavelength of 563.4 nm." He says. I start laughing once again.

"You're just full of pick up lines huh?" I say. He cheekily smiles with his dimples showing. I shyly look down as he stares straight into my eyes. I feel like he can read my thoughts. I finish up my milkshake and sit back a little more into the booth.

"I've had a great time today." He says. I check the time. 6:45 pm. It's actually not that late...wait. My anatomy final.

"Oh my god! I didn't even realize the time!" I say. Harry looks at me with a confused expression.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I realize how nerdy I will sound if I tell him I have to go cram for a final, so I leave the details to myself.

"Uh I have to go home. I'm so sorry." I say. He stands with me. God he's so tall.

"It's fine I understand. It was last minute so..." he says. I follow him out of the tiny little diner and into the cold night. The sun has already gone down. We step into the cold night air and I trail behind until I come next to him. His long and ginormous legs cause me to have to walk at twice the pace I usually do. We make it to his car and he sweetly opens the car door for me. I say thank you and sit in his truck. As he walks to the driver's side the events of today almost make my head explode. I wish I studied for that final last night. I could've...I just wanted to watch TV. We talk about or favorite movies and what sports we play and what we're going to do when we graduate.

"I have no plan other than go to NAU for regular schooling and then I'm just going to see how that goes." I say. He smiles and looks over at me as he turns into my neighborhood.

"I'm going to be a brain surgeon." He says. I raise my eyebrows. I had no idea he was as smart as he actually is.

"A brain surgeon? That's an amazing career." I say in shock. He smiles and his sweet dimples show.

"Yeah. I've always wanted to do something that would get me a lot of money and this is it." He says. I smile as he drives into my driveway. After my horrible sense of direction I'm surprised we actually got to my house.

"I had a great time tonight." I say sweetly. He keeps smiling and nods his head.

"Me too." He states. I start to open the door. "So are we still on for Friday?" He asks. I nod.

"Yep. See you at seven on Friday." I say. Then I remember that we have history together tomorrow. "Or tomorrow." I say awkwardly. I chuckles and I hop out of his ginormous truck and onto the pavement leading to my front door. I notice that he stays watching until I unlock the door and get inside, then I wave and shut it.

The house is warm with the scent of my mom's homemade macaroni. My favorite. Today has been great. I semi-liked Harry before but now I'm really interested to learn more about him. He probably doesn't feel the same way...I'm not the greatest amount of fun there is. I'm more of the quiet and reserved type.

When I walk in my mother smiles at me. I don't know why she's smiling...she never smiles. I look at her as I set my back pack on the kitchen counter. My expression turns into a confused one, and I walk away from the kitchen and into my room. I immediately take out my laptop and open quizlet.com. This is horrible...I can't believe I forgot about my anatomy final. This is the most important final considering that I have my worst grade in that class. I sigh and begin the sad operation of studying. This is going to be a long night.