Epilogue

Many miles and mountains away, Li Shang sat cross legged with his eyes closed. He had not meditated like this in many, many years. It was only when an urging, nagging feeling pulled at him like his belly pulled him to eat when Li decided to cross to the pagoda overlooking the village and meditate.

It was then that a voice came to Li Shang out of the blackness. It was soft and wise.

"Your son is alive."

Li Shang nearly fell- or rolled, would be more accurate- out of the pagoda.

The shock fell over him like a tidal wave. His son? The one he lost years and years ago?

Or was he not lost, like Li had thought for almost thirty years?

"He resides in the Valley of Peace." The voice said, almost like it was urging him to go to this place. All of a sudden, Li Shang knew the location of this city. It was far, far away. But he knew it. That was where his child was.

Li Shang opened his eyes. He turned around,

"My son. My son is alive." He breathed, almost as if he couldn't believe it himself. He strode down the pagoda.

What was his son like? Was he just like when he was a baby- playful and innocent? Or was he hardened by the world around him? Did he have a new family now, or did he walk alone, never in the same place twice?

Would his son remember him? Or would he be a stranger in his child's eyes?

He stopped in front of a paddy field, where many of his kind worked on growing rice. He gazed upon them hopefully. As they began to look back to him, Li Shang felt the sun break through the clouds. It hit his black and white fur, filling him to the brim with hope.

"Lotus is alive."

...

Oh my goodness. I am finally finished with this story! I am so happy! The amount of joy that it brings me to see the sheer amount of positive feedback I get after every chapter is complete can't be compared to anything I've ever experienced.

Alpha may have died, but now Shui leads the wolf pack while raising Alpha's son, Huo. Milu may have left his home in Moscow, but now he and his family live in the Jade Palace. Po may have discovered the tragic secret of his past, but now he has even stronger bonds with his family and friends.

But don't be sad about the ending of The Lion and the Peacock. Why? Because this summer is the debut of The Lion and the Ox! Leo Lung, Po, and Tigress will face their toughest opponent yet- a soul-stealing ox who will stop at nothing but the utter destruction of everyone who stands in his way. If you want to know the exact moment that story comes out, follow me as an author! I read all reviews. Positive feedback is my best motivator.

Oh, and by the way...

there is one more thing...

I almost forgot...

...

Dear Tigress,

I hope my letter finds you well! I know it has been a while since
we have talked in person.

It has been nearly four years since we have moved to the village,
and we are doing absolutely amazing. Huo keeps on wanting to meet you.

If it would be at all possible for him to travel to the Valley of Peace, and for
him to train under your wing, I would be very happy, and Huo would be
more than ecstatic at the idea to properly meet everyone.

We can arrange the details over more letters. I can have several wolves
escort him to the Jade Palace if it suits you.

Please inform Shifu of my request, and write back soon. Huo wants nothing more
than to meet and train with you.

Yours,

Shui