Family

The two girls help my out of my corset once we reach my new bedroom. You wouldn't notice their abnormality if you look upon them from a distance, but if you see them from my point of view, it's pretty obvious.

The girls are connected with their minds. Their dresses are even the same, "Why did Mr. Y bring you here?" The girl, Midnight, asks.

"My father, he abused me. He wouldn't let my mother love me. He yelled at me saying, 'I was hoping you were dead. We don't need an embarrassment like you in our lives.' He also called me a worthless freakshow."

"We are all freakshows here," Isabelle says with a smile, "You don't look like a 'freak'. All that makes you stand out is your mask. Why do you have it?"

"Mr. Y probably will be disappointed in me if I show anyone. He didn't seem very happy with the idea," I state, "but I can trust you, right?"

"Of course," they smile reassuringly.

"Please don't freak out," I plead before taking my mask off. As the girls see my face, they gasp.

"You're...." Violet stammers. I wait for her to say hideous or a monster, "You are beautiful!"

"What?!" I exclaim, astonished. My face should be distorted! Oh, I'm happy. I guess I'm just used to being full of sorrow, "My face changes sometimes," I explain.

"Well, we will just have to keep you covered then!" Isabelle states with a smile on her face. I put my mask back on as we finish putting my top around me. Looking in the mirror, I don't recognize myself.

The twins do my hair up into a braid, hiding how curly my hair is. They also put me in a dainty light pink dress, which is different for me. I only wear black.

"You're beautiful!" Isabelle exclaims. My cheeks flush a fiery red underneath my mask, "Are you ready to show the guys?"

I nod and they lead me out into the living space. Squelch and Gangle are talking to Angel by the grand piano. Looking up at me, a smile spreads across My Angel's face.

Burning tears stream down my face as I run to hug Angel, "Thank you so much!" Tears flood my mask.

"What for?" He asks, pulling away and lifting my chin up to look at him.

"You gave me a family that," I sniffle as hot tears pool in my eyes once more, "I will never deserve," Angel pulls me into another hug. Midnight notices the time and takes my hand.

"Let's get you ready for dinner..."