five

five -

It's been two days. Two whole days. Michael hasn't called me or cared to see me. I start to think that he doesn't want to really start a relationship. But I can't stop thinking about him. Can't stop thinking about our kiss. How sweet it was. And now he's throwing me signals or signs I'm not quite understanding.

Ugh, boys.

Today, my parents are going to Manchester so I am stuck with Jackson. I was to go take him down to 'Shirleys' so he could use his money to pick out his very own record. I didn't mind this at all actually. I hadn't been to Shirleys in a while, so I was quite excited.

The thing was, I didn't want to see John. At all. Not on the street, at Shirleys, anywhere. But I find him everywhere. Part of me was actually in fact a little scared of John. Something about his presence, and actions were terrifying. His anger issues were very clear to see as he has no ways of showing how to handle or control it. I'm afraid it's going to go too far one day.

I continued to stand at the phone for another 10 minutes, waiting for my Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet, but instead I was just Cinderella in rags. No Prince for me. I sighed.

"Maybe he's away on vacation." My mother came up from behind, hugging me. I leaned into her. "Oh mom. That can't be true." I paused. "Oh well. I mean, he seemed like the one. No, not a husband. More like a best friend. But more." I stared off into space, thinking about Michael again.

"Very funny, sweetie." She laughed. "Well, you'll just have to wait another time. Go get ready and take your brother down to that shop!" She said, kissing my head. "Your father and I are going to be gone for a few hours. Be good." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, mother." And with that, my parents had gone. Now it was just me and this telephone--and Jackson. But this telephone. It had to ring soon. So, I'll just wait.

Riiingg!!

I picked up the phone so fast and held it to my ear. "Michael?!" I cried.

"Who's Michael? Is this Kelly?" My heart felt like it got punched.

"No. You have the wrong number." I hung up the phone, beyond upset. Would he ever call ?

Next thing I remember was someone pounding on my door so hard, I was getting a headache.

"I'm coming!!" I yelled. I opened the door to see John's aunt, Mimi, panting and heavily breathing.

"Um, Mim--?"

"Honey come quick!!" She exclaimed.

"But. What? I--" She grabbed my arm pulling me out onto my porch looking at the accident on the street. I dropped on the ground, not believing what had happened.

"Jackson!?!" I screamed so loud, I lost all feeling. Seconds later, I ran to him and saw John sitting next to him.

"I just called the police." Mimi cried. I looked at my brother, tears filling my eyes as I saw the blood streaming down his face where the car had hit. I threw myself onto him, and sobbed. Eventually, John picked me up and held me as I cried.

"J-J-John. What happened?" I managed to get out between sobs. He didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"I'm so sorry. Lauren, I'm so sorry." I quickly escaped his arms and held onto my brother.

"You-you did this?" I exclaimed. "You did this?!?" I screamed, sobbing hard. People from inside the houses began to come to the street, helping and being noisy as the ambulance came down my road.

"Hang in there, buddy." I said, hoping Jackson would hear me. "You're gonna get through this. A-and we'll go get those records." I said holding his hand. He was put onto a stretcher, and lifted into the ambulance.

I began to cry harder, and Mimi came up and embraced me into a hug. As I opened my eyes, I saw John staring at the ambulance as it drove away. I looked at him with hate in my eyes.

"We need to go to the hospital." I looked at Mimi. "Oh my god. My parents" I started to shake.

"Let's go, Hun." Mimi grabbed her coat and we got into the car, along with John. John sat next to me and I saw him slowly move closer to me. His arm started to go around me, but I brushed it off.

"Do you mind?!" I softly said to him, so Mimi didn't have to hear me bitch. "Can you not be an absolute ass for a moment and be understanding."

He scoffed. "Jesus." He softly mumbled. I shook my head, disgusted.

"How dare you. You-you don't care about anyone?" I said, a tad louder. "You know what I'm done. I don't ever want to see you again. Ever. Don't even talk to me." I turned to look out the window, waiting for a response, but I got nothing.

Waiting.

I sucked at waiting and it seems like all I've been doing is waiting for everything to happen. Waiting on Michael. Waiting on the call. And most importantly, waiting to see how my brother was going to be. I was sitting in the awful waiting room with John and Mimi as many tried to get ahold of my parents.

Mimi turned to me. "How are you doing." She softly spoke. I was surprised how sweet she was being to me. John got a bit of his bitchyness from this old lady, but it's become so bad Mimi is being sweet. But at this moment, I didn't care.

"Truthfully, Mimi? I'm a wreck. I wanna see him." I started to tear up.

"I know, Hun." She replied.

"Um, The Castellanos?" The doctor came from the operation room. I stood up, finally done waiting.

"How my brother?" I spoke.

{Author's Note: Oh no !! Poor Lauren. Well, ending this chapter on a sorta cliffhanger ;-) lemme know what you think so far !!! -Maddie}