one

one - 

Houses of all different sizes, colors and shapes passed my window. This definitely not home, nor would it ever feel like home. But for now, I just have to deal with it.

My name's Lauren Castellano and being forced to move to Liverpool was not my greatest- or first idea that would EVER come to my mind. Damn my father's work, America was perfectly fine. On the other hand, everyone else seemed to be okay with this. Being 15 years old and moving to a different country was not okay.

I sighed, slouching back into my seat. Only moments later, I was hit with my brother's comics.

"What the hell, Jackson?!" I yelled at the younger one. My mother whipped her head back.

"Watch your mouth, young lady!!" She bursted, turning back around to the road.

This is going to be a long trip, I rolled my eyes.

A Few Hours Later...

Finally, we've reached our "new house". My mouth dropped in awe. This was a gorgeous house. It looked huge, too. Quickly, I grabbed my satch and headed to claim a bedroom.

When I walked inside, I looked around at the tall ceilings and down at the beautiful wooden floors. Right to the left, a long staircase had been placed. So, I ran upstairs to find my new room. I plopped down on the bed and took in a long breath. Maybe this whole moving thing wasn't so bad. Moving was rather exciting. Then i froze. I'd have to start school after this summer, I thought. My start started to go out of control and so I decided to take my mind off it.

After setting up and exploring the rest of my room, I ran down the stairs I had gone on earlier, and I ran straight out the front doors. So this is Liverpool. It wasn't that bad of a day out so I thought a nice walk down the street would help me find out more about my neighborhood.

As I made my way through all the movers, I began absorbing in all my new, unfamiliar surroundings. The houses all seemed to have a slight similarity, but something had caught my attention. There was a boy, a nice looking boy living, or so it looked, two or three houses down from me. He was just walking through his front gate, which he slammed shut. He seemed quite interesting, so I made my way even closer to his house. 

He had a nice house, which was a beautiful shade of blue with green shingles and that gate in front, the boy had slammed earlier.  I looked closer at the house to see if I could find the boy, and then I got caught. This boy must've seen me because he made his way to the door.

Shit.

Ever so quickly, I started down the street hoping he'd go back inside. But no, things never work out that way. 

" 'Ey!!" he cried out. I tried to ignore him, but I soon heard footsteps run up behind me. 

" 'Scuse me, miss. But I saw yer starin at me from me window." he said, stopping me.

I turned around, and my heart stopped, This boy was tall and very thin with beautiful hair slicked up into a nice do. Something in his facial appearance made it hard to look away from him. But, that didn't mean he was some nice guy. He could be an ass for all I know.

I stood there, blankly and said nothing.

"Ello ?!" he said in a sing-songy voice. "What are ye doing?'

I snapped out of it.

"Oh-h-hi." I said softly, as he raised an eyebrow. "I was not looking at you! " I told him. His mouth cracked into a little smile and rested his hand on his hip.

"Oh really?" he chuckled. "Then babe, what were you doing?"

Babe..What the hell ? Who does he think he is ?

"Babe?" I scoffed. "Are you serious?!" I began to walk away, just shocked by his choice of words and what he had called me.  

"So, I hear yer not from here." he said, making me slightly turn but not looking at him.

"Yeah, but what you called me back there was not cute." I looked at him. "I am not your 'babe'!" He burst out laughing, making my face turn beat red.

"What?!" I yelled.

"You-you think that I-!!" he laughed, clutching his side. "Dear, babe doesn't mean what you think it means. Welcome to Liverpool, love." he said raising his hands in the air. I scoffed. All ready this boy who I though was going to be perfect, was just simply a jerk.

"Ass." I quietly said under my breath. He stopped.

"..What did you just call me?!" he said, getting angry. This made me feel a little powerful.

"An ass." I repeated. He clutched his hands into fists, keeping them at his sides. I looked at him, getting scared.

"You're a tough gal, aren't ye?" he let out a tiny laugh. With that, I slowly turned the other way to get back home. Without saying anything else, I escaped him, walking quickly home. Looking back, I noticed his eyes never left me.

What a strange boy, I thought.