Chapter 30

Uila stands across from Leon, determination burning brightly in her eyes. "I hope you are ready to hand over your title today Leon." He scoffed. "It'll take more than an Ex-Alolan Champ to defeat me." She grinned. "If you are so sure about that, let's make a bet huh?" He grinned. "Why not, what are the terms?" She smirked. "I win, you do one thing I say, I lose I do one thing you say." He thought for a moment. "Sounds great!" They shook hands and made their way to their respective sides.

"This is a match between Challenger Uila and Champion Leon for the title and responsibilities of Champion." The crowd roared excitedly as the referee called to send out their first pokemon. Leon sent out Aegislash without a second thought. Uila thought a moment, sending out Cinderace. "BEGIN!" "Cinderace Fire Pledge!" Flames erupt from the ground before Leon could process and strike his pokemon. "Now Pyro Ball, keep your distance!" Cinderace kicks up a pebble, igniting and launching it into the Aegislash who was in the middle of swapping forms. "Finish it with a flamethrower!" "King's Shield." Uila cursed. "Wait until it is done then Flamethrower again, Maintain distance." "Shadow Ball!" When Aegislash dropped it's shield it got hit with a torrent of flames, thus forcing it to faint.

Leon sweatted. His first and arguably second-strongest pokemon out so quickly. He shook his head and returned the said pokemon, sending out Dragapult. Uila returned Cinderace and sent out Garchomp. "Draco Meteor!" "Dragon Breath!" "Use Draco Meteor to get close, then hit with Dragon Tail followed by Dragon Claw." The attacks hit, landing severe damage. "Flamethrower!" The Dragapult lets out a torrent of flames and Uila calls her next move. "Draco Meteor." Garchomp lands the hit, but Leon used a full restore. "God damnit Leon." "Hit it with Dragon Pulse." The move does severe damage. "Finish it with Dragon Tail." "Dragon Breath." the two moves collide, causing a large explosion. When it clears, Dragapult is unconscious.

Leon sends out Haxorus, and Uila nodded at Garchomp. "Dragon Pulse followed by Draco Meteor." The first hit landed but the second one missed. "Iron Tail." Meet with Dragon Tail then strike with Dragon Claw." Haxorus punched Garchomp away, who got up and growled loudly. "Dragon Pulse." The attack landed as a critical hit, leaving a weak Haxorus. "Dragon tail." "Outrage." The attacks left both pokemon unconscious and Uila returned Garchomp, pressing her forehead to the ball in thanks before staring determinedly. He sent out Rhyperior to which she sent out Greninja. "Water Shuriken followed by Hydropump." Rhyperior didn't stand a chance.

Leon was losing horribly, and he could see Raihan's smug grin from the Champion's box. He sent out Rillaboom hoping to gain an advantage, but she sent out Cinderace and he wanted to quit then and there. "Cinderace, Pyro Ball followed by Fire Pledge." "Knock Off!" CInderace took minimal damage while Rillaboom took massive damage. "Finish with Flamethrower."

Leon was legitimately sweating. He sighed. "You've pushed me into a corner no one has before, but I'll pull through. Charizard, it's Gigantimax time!" Uila swapped to Greninja, sliding a Z-Crystal into place. She knew what she had to do, and took a breath. Her eyes snapped open, lightning dancing dangerously inside them. She moved how she needed to in order to pull off the move, and it met with a G-Max Wildfire, dealing less damage then it would have. "Water Shuriken, then Hydro Pump." After a short while, Leon's charizard collapsed to the ground, shrinking and being returned. The stadium was silent, and you could hear Greninja's laboured breathing. It stayed like that a moment before the stadium erupted in cheers. Leon smiled, taking off his hat and tossing it in the air.

Uila stood there and smiled before laughing. "Ladies, Gentlemen, and people across the world, I would like to introduce our new Champion, Uila Naga!" She walked forward and shook Leon's hand. He grinned. "Congratulations, I saw real passion back there, and I could see it in your pokemon as well. You are truly worthy of your new Title." He raised her fist high in the air and the crowd roared loudly, excited to have seen such a blood-pumping battle.

Hau and the rest of his class cheered loudly, feeling pumped for their visit in 2 months time. 'Sister...' He thought, clenching his fist, eyes narrowing determinedly. 'I'm coming for your spot, so watch out.'