Working on the field in the full sun isn't the funniest thing to do. We could've gotten a stroke but luckily everyone was fine.

Despite all the broken nails, bruised hands, crushed toes and fingers.

The man, Cliff was his name, was a really nice guy and he held on his promises. After cleaning up half of the field we took a break. Cliff's wife, girlfriend or whoever she was, gave each of us a tall glass of cola with ice cubes. During the work and the break Roger never left my side. Even when we were coming back on the trailer with our hard earned pay, he sat next to me. On the bends on the road he would press and lean on me. It was totally accidental and unmeant, but I enjoyed it anyway.

We thanked Cliff for giving us a lift back to the resort. He preventively dropped us a bit away from the main gate so no one would ask more questions than necessary. We were already gone for five hours.

"Oh my God..." Mrs. Jones noticed us walking through the entrance. She canceled the call she was making and put her hand on her chest in the place the heart is. "Where the heck have you been?!" poor woman hugged John and Nat, but her face scrunched and she let go of them like she'd just touched a slide on the playground in the middle of summer. "You are all dusty and... wet! Oh you are screwed!"
"We were exploring the forest near by, admiring the beauty of our country's nature. May I also add that we observed some interesting species of fauna and flora." Bulsara nearly bowed in front of her. Well, maybe Mrs. Jones was a biology teacher but this couldn't just appease her.
"Alright but that still doesn't make it better! You were gone for half of the day! I was worried sick! I was actually calling the police when you appeared." she wailed.

"We will help to prepare dinner. Or we can clean up after the dinner." I lifted my head and looked Mrs. Jones straight in the eyes. I bit my lips so no one could see them slightly tremble. From the corner of my eye I saw Roger smile at me. I adored his smiles. Most of them were genuine and even if he faked sometimes, they always looked real enough.
"I can agree on that under two conditions. One: I'd like to take more of your grapes, my dear boys from number three." she made a gesture over us making Deaky sigh. "Two: if you want to sneak out, do it at night and not for hours but for minutes and always come back."

We all looked at each other speechless. All we could do was to nod our heads vigorously.
"Right." the teacher said with a small smile playing on her red lips. "Then I'll ask in the kitchen if they need some helpers." she winked and walked away.

☮☮☮

"I can't believe we have to cook!" Lu threw her arms in the air as we walked through the halls following a staff member.
"You should be thankful that Brian suggested her to give us a punishment. Otherwise she would've called our parents and that'd be the end of our lives." Roger furrowed his eyebrows, gritting the words through clenched teeth.
"Oh please kiddos, you'll just chop some carrots. That can't do any harm, can it?" Fred joined the conversation. Deaky nodded his head.
"I mean, you are right, but I have better places to be and better things to do." Nat shrugged her arms. Deaky nodded his head once again.

"You won't cook anyway. You'll do the work that has to be done but nobody wants to do it." the cook said in a cheeky tone. We entered some big stinky closet. He opened the door to the basement to reveal a shit tone of potatoes. "You two..." man's finger pointed at Deaky and Nat. "...will peel three bucks of potatoes. The bucks are down there so just go and get them. I'll give you all the tools you need in a minute."

We left John and Nat and moved to the nicer place. It was the corner in the main room of the kitchen. In the light and clean room there stood silver metal table, a huge difference from the previous room.
"Now you..." he patted Fred's arm. "And you..." he pointed at Lu. "...you have to chop the vegetables. I'll tell you details in a minute."