In the kitchen when everyone was out, the couple sat eating breakfast having just missed the meeting at the church. Campbell came striding into the house and stood next to them. He gave Harry a cup of coffee and smirked at them.

"Morning sunshines." Campbell laughed earning a sigh from Harry. Harry didn't want to associate himself with Campbell anymore, he had heard the things he's said about Adelaide and valued their relationship more than his friendship. "Fuck off Campbell." Harry replied.

"Didn't get one for me?" Addy sarcastically asked, gesturing towards the coffee he had just placed in front of Harry. "No, just for Harry because he's gotta get ready for the debate." Campbell stated, smirking at the girl.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked, pushing the boy away from him as he began to massage his shoulders. Campbell laughed before replying, "I signed you up this morning, you're going to run for mayor against Allie."

"Uh, I don't think so." Harry replied, sending a frustrated look towards Adelaide. "You can't just sign other people up, Campbell." Addy added, annoyed at his unusually chirpy attitude towards the couple.

"We don't have a lot of time if we're going to pull this off, so let's just skip this part. You two look like shit by the way." Campbell replied growing frustrated at the two's non-conformity. "He already said no, can't you understand that? If you want to be in charge why don't you run for mayor yourself." Adelaide replied.

"I'd never get elected you know that." He stated before taking a seat next to Harry and continuing, "You like the way things are being run? Because I don't. You like picking up garbage, being crammed into a house with fucking assholes? I mean, you two haven't even been to work for what like a week. You really want this to be your life?"

Addy could see his point, Harry running the town would bring in a lot of benefits for the couple. But she was still suspicious as to what Campbell had to gain from this. Him signing Harry up was purely for his own benefit but what would he get from him being mayor?

"No." Harry bluntly replied. "Then get your shit together man, this is our chance. I remember when you used to run this place. This school, the town. Nobody could touch you. That guy is still in there." Campbell responded and the two guys began laughing at old memories.

Adelaide grew uncomfortable, playing with the spoon that lay in her bowl of cereal. Harry running the town might mean things going back to the way they used to be, to a time when Harry and Addy didn't really know each other. Harry was popular and Addy was nothing.

"Let's get you back where you belong, just trust me."

Whilst Harry was at home writing his speech for the debate, Addy had agreed to stop by at Allie's and pick up the rules for the debate. Although the girl was hesitant of Harry running for mayor, there was nothing she could do. Campbell had convinced him.

Knocking on the door, her palms grew sweaty. The last time she stopped by at Allie's house things didn't go too well so the girl didn't have high expectations. Thankfully, it was Gordie who opened the door. Gordie was one of the only people who had been kind to Addy.

"Hey, uh, can I speak to Allie?" she asked, fidgeting nervously. Gordie smiled and nodded, "Yeah, come in I'll go get her." he replied. Before he could walk off, Addy interrupted, "Hey, Gordie?" he turned around to face the girl.