Chapter 40 Gotham City Police Department

Start from the beginning

Then she heard a sigh. "I want to tell you to come home..."

Marinette felt her stomach drop.

"But, i want to hear what you want to do? Do you want to stay or come come home?"

The nauseous feeling let up a little.

"I- i can be angry here. I can feel bad and i can scream and shout..." The teen trailed off and Sabine continued.

"You want to stay."

"I want to stay."

Another deep sigh.

"So, you like this Damian boy?"

Despite no one being able to see her she blushed. "Mom!"

Sabine just laughed.

******************************************************

When Damian came back to the manor he was informed by Alfred that Marinette was in the garden.

He took Alfred tge cat and Titus with him as he looked.

He found her in one of the more secluded areas. One that usually only Damian visited.

She's pale and looks tired, but still at peace.

"Hi Dami." She gave him a smile as he sat beside her.

"Hello angel." He noted the phone in her hand. "Have you talked to your parents?"

She nodded. "I called my maman, she's not happy that I'm attracting trouble but she thinks i should stay the last month anyways."

For a few minutes they sat in silence enjoying the sun and each others company.

Then there was a crash ringing loudly from the manor and incomprehensible yelling. Followed by two more crashes.

Marinette looked in the direction of the manor with wide eyes. "Maybe we should go help them?"

Damian shook his head and laid down with his arms behind his head. "They'll be fine."

She didn't look convinced as yet another crash could be heard.

"Angel, they'll be fine."

After a few second she shrugged and laid down beside him.

Time skip
***********************************************************

Later that day Marinette entered the GCPD after Alfred dropped her off.

Someone had stuck a tracker on her that she discreetly stuck to Alfred. Although she's sure he knows she did it.

She looked around for a bit vefore approaching a group of officers talking.

"Excuse me?"

They looked at her.

"Hey kiddo. What are you looking for?" A man with short black hair and glasses asked.

"I'm supposed to meet commissioner Gordon. Do you know where i can find him?"

"Sure do. Come on, I'll show you." The man nodded to his colleges and led her through the room.

He knocked on a door and looked at her. "Just enter, he knows you're coming. Good luck!"

Marinette gave him a nod and entered.

Jim Gordon looked less stressed now than the day before and he gabe her a nod and a small smile. "Hello miss Dupain-Cheng. Sit down."

She sat down in the chair on the other side of the desk. "You can call me Marinette. My last name can be a bit of a mouthful."