Chapter 40 Gotham City Police Department

Start from the beginning

He started setting it up. When he was almost done Marinette's eyes widened and she looked around.

"Damian. Where's Damian? Is he okay?" She looked at him and Tim was surprised by just how clear her eyes was.

"Dami's fine. He's with Jason, didn't want to leave you alone so I promised I'd sit with you." Tim said, taking the controller for the tv and sat back down.

Marinette just nodded, eyes focusing on the tv as the movie started.

****************************************************************
Time skip

Sometime in the middle of the night, when the movie marathon was still going, Tim left to go say something to Bruce.

While he was gone Marinette stirred in her sleep, mind clawing at the edge of nightmares.

Invisible water around her, swallowing her, shaking her, taking her breath and safety.

Faces staring at her.

She wakes gasping for air, nails digging into her palms hard enough to draw blood.

And she's choking. She can't breathe.

And then there's someone helping her sit up, holding her hair away from her face as something is held in front of her face and she pukes.

It's like a vague dream once she wakes up.

Time skip

Marinette approached Alfred after breakfast. "Is it okay if i go into the garden? I'm just going to call my parents."

Alfred nodded. "Be careful not to get lost, miss Marinette, the garden is quite large."

She smiled. "I won't, I'll see you once I'm done."

She went out into the garden.

And held back a groan.

From what she could see it would be a lot harder to not get lost than she thought.

After ten minutes of walking she found a good spot and sat down.

She pressed the call button and waited for the call to be picked up.

"Marinette, honey, is that you?" Sabine's voice could be heard on the other end.

"Hi maman, how are you?" She winced, even to her own ears she sounded tired.

"I'm good, and so is your father. How are you? Are you enjoying yourself?" Sabine asked cheerfully.

Meaning she has yet to hear about her daughter's run in with criminals.

"Well, there's been good... And bad. Just promise you won't freak out. Please."

"Honey, you can tell me anything."

She sighed. "I was kidnapped by Riddler and yesterday i got a dose of fear tixin from another villain."

"Marinette, what happened?" Sabine sounded like she was trying her hardest to hear the whole story before freaking out.

"Well, i have become friends with Damian Wayne. He's really nice, and i really, really like him. We went out in the shopping district, to get to know each other better, and Riddler decided he wanted someone to solve his puzzles. Nightwing and Red Hood got us out and now I'm staying at Wayne manor.

Then there was an attack on the museum while we were there. Scarecrow blew something in my face and i kinda blacked out and attacked him."

The silence on the other side on the phone scared her a little.