II

PUBLISHED: 16/10/2020
READER'S POV

I put a tally down on my sheet of paper. According to it, I haven't left my rooms for seven days. After the carriage ride back to the castle I came into my rooms and locked myself in, refusing to talk to anyone. I had been using the servants corridor to move to the kitchens and back to feed myself.

Being a Princess had many perks, having one of the biggest bedrooms in the castle included. I had a bedroom, a common room type thing, and a bathroom all conjoined. The bedroom was to the left of the common room, and the bathroom to the right of the common room. The door to my rooms was located in the common room, which was good – I mean, it wouldn't make sense to have the entrance in the bathroom, or the bedroom.

"Stupid bloody draw, stupid bloody Princes being bloody insolent, stupid bloody Newt who just had to be eighteen. Stupid getting married so fast." I muttered as I threw darts at the board.

I heard a knock on the door of the rooms.

"Go away!" I shouted as I threw the last dart.

"(Y/N), we need to talk!" I heard Newt's voice come through the door.

"No we don't!" I shouted back.

I nearly felt bad because of how childish I sounded. Nearly.

"Yes we do, and you know it! Don't make me break down this door!" Newt called out.

I quickly walked out of my bedroom and into the common room. Newt knocked once more, and I went over to the door then placed a hand on the handle, knowing full well he'd carry out that statement.

"I have food." Newt added.

My stomach grumbled, making me groan and open the door. He had a tray in each hand, both had a plate of food and a glass of water on it, and Bark was sitting near his feet. Bark ran in, and and made himself comfortable on my fluffy carpet.

Newt came in, and I shut the door behind him. He sat at my desk, placing the food on the desk.

"Are you feeling okay?" Newt asked, looking at me concernedly, "Come have some food, (N/N)."

"I'm not really hungry." I lied, kneeling down on the floor to play with Bark.

Newt spun around and faced me, sitting in the chair backwards. "Alright, what's got your knickers in a twist?"

"Nothing!" I snapped, then closed my eyes and let out a deep breath.

I opened my eyes, looking at him once more as I sat down.

"Nothing that concerns you." I corrected, then Newt moved down to the floor with me.

"(N/N), is it about the Kingdom or is it personal?" Newt started cutting up my food for me.

"I can cut up my food myself, you know!" I snapped, "You're not a servant anymore so you don't need to do that."

He chuckled, "I know that, but when you're mad you stab the food really hard and I don't fancy cleaning up another broken plate, love."

"Who sent you up here?" I asked him as he tasted some of my food, and had a sip of my water.

"Tess, she thought that a good 'heart to heart' would be a good bonding experience." Newt grumbled, making me laugh, "That and the fact that we're all worried about you sent me up here."

I then turned serious, "Don't taste my food first to see if it's alright to eat ever again. We have servants for that exact reason, Newton, so please use them – It'd be sad to lose you to a mouthful of poisoned food or a sip of spiked water. You're a Prince now, so people would be out to get you as well."