Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift

Start from the beginning

But to think that Ino would be there too made Sakura happy and more assured that homesickness would not overcome her while she's away from the Village.

As the two kunoichi stood there, as if by luck and chance Gaara and Temari were walking towards them.

"Good morning," Temari said as they stopped in front of Sakura and Ino.

Gaara looked at Sakura, as if expecting the pinkette to say something to which Sakura understood even without him saying it.

"I decided to go with you back to Sunagakure and help with the children's clinic," Sakura said, smiling.

"Of course I'd be going too!" Ino beamed.

"That's good to hear. I'll be indebted to the both of you," Gaara said, nodding as he smiled.

"We'll be leaving tomorrow. Would that be fine?" He asked, specifically looking at Sakura.

"Of course," the pinkette answered as Ino nodded.

"We're heading to the Hokage's office. I'll leave you two here."

Before Gaara and Temari could walk past Sakura and Ino, the pinkette stopped them.

"Can I come with you to the Hokage's office?" Sakura looked at Ino and the blonde nodded before waving her hand as she walked away.

When they arrived at the Hokage's office, they instantly saw Shikamaru standing by the corner. When he noticed the three approaching, he opened his eyes and straightened up from where he was leaning on the wall.

"Lord Sixth is currently discussing something with Sasuke." Shikamaru saw Sakura behind Temari and sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"But I guess you can come in."

When the door opened, Sasuke and Kakashi were abruptly interrupted as they looked at whoever entered the office. Sasuke's eyes instantly fell on Sakura before looking at Gaara and then back to the pinkette. Sasuke suspected she already told Gaara about her answer to his favour.

The pinkette couldn't stop thinking about the favour that Sasuke had to force her to sleep one time as she kept thinking about it. Sasuke knew she will accept the offer nonetheless. Sakura can't just ignore those children and he knew she wanted to help as much as possible. Thinking about that made Sasuke somewhat proud and happy. She's alway this kind young pinkette who never turned her back on him despite being overtaken by darkness at one point.

"Lord Kakashi, good morning," Gaara said as he nodded at Sasuke in acknowledgement.

"We're just about finish wrapping up some information in regards with Sasuke's mission." From the corner of Kakashi's eyes he could see the slight sway in Sakura's emotion when he said the words Sasuke's mission. But it was gone as fast as it came, masked by a small smile.

"About the favour I asked of you a week ago," Gaara started. "The two kunoichi have agreed."

"I see. That's good to hear. Sakura?"

The pinkette whipped her head up to look at Kakashi who called her name. "Ah, yes. I've decided to help the children in Sunagakure."

Kakashi looked at Sasuke who was standing beside him. "I suppose Sasuke knew about it beforehand."

"Yes," Sasuke said. "We've discussed about it."

Kakashi nodded and sighed inaudibly. He's glad Sasuke was not mad about it. The Uchiha was annoyed at first for sending him away to a mission when Sakura is in the middle of pregnancy which Kakashi couldn't blame Sasuke's annoyance.