Katie followed Hermione's gaze and saw, illuminating the night sky, a colossal skull, composed of what looked like emerald stars, with a serpent protruding from its mouth like a tongue.

"Bloody hell." Katie breathed. Hermione was shaking with fear.

"It's the Dark Mark," she whispered, voice quavering. "It's his mark."

Katie felt an icy shiver run down her spine as a fearful lumped formed in her throat. She gulped and grabbed Hermione by the hand.

"C'mon, we have to keep looking." Katie muttered.

As they moved cautiously across the desruction of the campsite, Katie kept her wide eyes fixated on the Mark in the sky. The very sight of it made her bones shake, and she wondered, if just the Dark Mark was making her feel with terrified, how would she feel in the presence of Voldemort himself?

Katie's thoughts were interrupted when Hermione pointed straight ahead.

"Look," she said. "It's Harry!"

Sure enough, on the other side of the remnants of a tent, Harry Potter stood rooted to the spot, staring up at the Dark Mark in the sky. At the exact moment that Katie spied him, Ron came rushing through the field.

"Harry! There you are! We've been looking all over for — bloody hell..."

Ron had clearly just spotted the Dark Mark and he, like Harry, froze up and stared at it. Katie and Hermione rushed over to the boys.

"Ron, where's Fred?" Katie asked, becasue, when they split up, Ron had went with Fred.

"We ran into George and Ginny. Ginny was crying so Fred stayed back to help George calm her down." Ron explained, not tearing his eyes away from the Mark.

Katie gulped. "Did you see my brother?" her voice shook as she spoke.

Ron's face drooped and he looked at Katie sadly. The girl felt her heart sink.

"No, I'm so sorry, Katie."

Katie sucked in a shaky breath as Harry turned around sharply, eyes alert.

"Chris? What happened to him?"

Katie shook her head. "No, Leo. My dad lost him — and my mum."

Harry's eyes saddened and he opened his mouth to speak, but was hastily cut short by his own scream of pain. He slapped his hand over the lightning scar on his forehead.

"Harry!" Hermione gasped.

Loud cracks erupted from all around the Hogwarts students, and multiple wizards appeared out of thin air. They surrounded them, pointing their wands at the four teenagers.

"DUCK!" Harry yelled, diving on top of Katie. Ron pulled Hermione to the ground and shielded her.

"Stupefy!" the wizards bellowed and sent red sparks flying at Katie, Harry, Ron and Hermione. Katie felt her hair on her head ripple as though a powerful wind had swept the field.

"Stop!" someone yelled. Katie recognised the voice. "STOP! That's my son!"

Katie lifted her head as best she could, though it was hard as Harry was still sprawled across her back, using his own body to protect her from harm. However, she could raise her head just enough to see Mr Weasley pushing past the wizards.

"Ron — Harry —" his voice sounded shaky. "—Hermione — Katie — are you alright?"

Mr Weasley helped the four of them to their feet. Katie's eyes scanned the wizards surrounding her and counted twenty of them.