𝘹𝘪𝘪. -𝘥𝘰𝘶𝘻𝘦

Start from the beginning

Theo had been left with Polly that night, mostly due to the fact that the woman would provide him with fresh meals, but Dawn was down ever since her trip down memory lane.

She knew it was somewhere past midnight, the chimes of the bell signalling the darkness that brought along the morning. Though she couldn't find it in herself to sleep, her fingers fiddling with the neckless chain that hung from her neck, her body slumped against the chair in the middle of the kitchen, the worked wooden table spotting a glass of whiskey and its bottle she had managed to find hidden in the top cabinets above her sink.

Though it sat full, not drank from since she had poured it an hour prior, not wanting to succumb to pathetic excuse of drinking away her troubles. Plus the fact she knew she would wrench at the sting liquid at it tumbled down her throat.

She had sat there for god knows how long before a pounding knock bellowed through her home. She hesitantly pulled herself up, not in any rush to see who was knocking at her door at god knows what time of the morning, and whoever it was better have good reason to do so.

Her feet scurried over to the front door, waiting a minute before slightly opening it, looking through the crack. Though at the empty sight she opened the door fully, peering down at a figure rushing down the steps, as if they were regretting coming in the first place.

"Tommy?" She asked, spotting his peaky hat, but even through dusk she knew something was wrong. Watching him stop, and swing on his heel to face her. His hands shook, and if Dawn looked closer perhaps she could I see it wasn't just his hands but his whole body.

He whispered something she couldn't catch onto from the distance they stood from each other. A jarring gush of wind howled in the air, prickles standing on her exposed arms, "Tommy what are doing out here? It's freezing."

She listened to him stutter over his words, trying to find the right thing to say, and as his eyes locked on her face, he watched her cock her head indoors and Tommy understood.
Reluctantly following her up the stairs and into her flat.

Dawn was waiting for him as he entered the door, the light hitting his face as wandered into a problem.

"Oh my god!" Her eyes were wide, and mouth agape. Staring at his blood stained appearance. He was dishevelled, unclean and unkept. Dawn found it a struggle to spit out any further words. The peaky blinder knew this and tried to reassure her, but he probably worried her even more.

"It's not my blood-"

"-Not your blood? But it's someone's!" She exclaimed, Tommy sighed.

"They were trying to kill me." He replied calmly. Of course he would.

"Putain d'enfer Tommy." 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘺, a exhausted chuckle left her lips at what she had just got herself into. Clenching her eyes shut and turning around, shouting at him to follow her as she walked into the bathroom.

It was a small room, cramped. Leaving the two closely compacted as she led him to sit on the closed toilet seat. Busying herself with find a cloth and filling the sink with warm water. Feeling herself falter aware of his eyes burning holes into her.

"What happened?" She whispered, concern lacing her voice, as she damped the cloth into the water, squeezing out any dripping remains. Crouching in front of his knees as they parted either side of her body. An intimate position if it wasn't for the blood coating the man, her hands wiping away at the scarlet stains sunken into his skin.