Chapter 2 - Paragraph Breaks

This I believe is one of the worst things to find in a fanfiction, and I hate to say that I've seen it way more than I'd like. Paragraph breaks are when you skip a line for every paragraph, this makes the fanfiction easier and more enjoyable to read.

Now you may be asking, "b-but Emily? That isn't what it's like in most real books?". That I can completely understand, but sometimes you need to sacrifice it looking like a real book in order for the reader to have the best time reading.

One thing that is helpful with paragraph breaks is that it's honestly just more enjoyable reading fanfics with paragraph breaks. The paragraphs spaced out and there for you is much easier to read than a bunch of words mushed together, not to mention it looks a whole lot nicer. This makes the reader a whole lot more hooked on the story, and makes them want to continue to read.

Another thing is commenting on paragraphs. Wattpad has an amazing feature where you can comment on paragraphs and add your opinions wherever you want. This not only compels the reader to comment more on your story since you don't have to wait til the end to comment, it also gets your story more out there the more comments you have.

All in all, I think we can all agree that paragraph breaks are a great thing. It also helps that if you're a sort of lazy person, it doesn't take that long to do. Just one press on the enter button and you're off.

———

Wanna hear a joke?

How do you make a plumber cry?

Break his pipes!