𝘹𝘪. -𝘰𝘯𝘻𝘦

Start from the beginning

On that moment the door was slammed open, and a man ran into view, to which Dawn could only assume was the father. Letting the family have some space she guided Theo out, feeling a tad intruding on a special family moment.

But as she made it to the hallway, a banging on the door startled her, pushing Theo back behind her.

"Open up! Police!"

Her eyes widened as Polly ran out to see the commotion. Striding towards the door, but uneventful as it was bashed in.

"You can't come in here! There's a baby just been born!"

Though they hadn't of cared, charging past them and knocking them into the wall with a thud, dawn head slamming with a force which left her momentarily dizzy. Everything had blurred; from the objects around her to the figure being slammed against the wall but the brutal police men. Her ears buzzed as sounds started to pull further into an oblivion, as if she had been dunked into water, drowning out her sense of awareness, oblivious the cries of help, the screams of agony and the sobs of Theo calling out her name.

She felt the tug of her arm, someone small rapidly shaking it, starting to regain a certain consciousness back, looking down to greet a teary eyed blonde as well as the mess amongst the chaos.

A stray tear leaking from her eye as it feel down her face, following its hollowed path before falling on the floor.

"Merde." 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵

It was the early hours of the morning. She had found her way back to her quaint little flat, after a distraught Ada had refused her help, not knowing how to help and Polly no where in sight, she had groggily walked back home.

Theo had gone straight to sleep the moment his frame hit the bed, yet Dawn found herself sitting on the steps outside her house, closed eyes and a painful scowl stuck on her lips. Trying to let the bitter winds keep her awake, not wanting to fall asleep with a possible concussion.

She hadn't notice the body move up the stairs nor sit next to her on the grimy concrete step, but she did feel the rough fingertips full her hand away from her face, in which her fingers were gripping the arch of her nose.

The touch awakening her more then wind ever did, she shot up out of her slouched position, back straightening to face the intruder. Only to be met with a disheveled looking Tommy, he also worn from the days events.

For once Dawn decided to speak up first, a sarcastic chuckle leaving her though it's time dead from shear delirium, "Every time we dance, monsieur Shelby, something bad always happens."

"Perhaps I'm bad luck." He whispered.

"Maybe so but my mother always told me I was her good luck charm. I'm starting to think my luck has run out just as it has yours."

For word broken by a clear language barrier, they seemed to tug at his heart more then he would like to admit. Instead of reply he just nodded his head. Reaching for a carton of cigarettes in his jacket pocket, plucking one out and once again offering her one. Though this time she took in. Placing it in the corner of her mouth, letting the Male light it for her with a match.

She inhaled greedily, a cough escaping her, not used to the taste she had forgotten. Leaving Tommy to pat her back and chuckle at her.

Silence enveloped them again, a strange sense of comfort as they smoked. But after a while of contemplation he broke it,

"My family hates me."

She dropped the cigarette from her lips, holding it between her fingers as her arm rested against her knee, whispering back to him in the same  wavering voice, "Hate is a strong word, is it not?"

He stubbed the burning roller parchment against the wall, Dawn following his actions as they stared out into the darkness. "They think I'm a traitor, that I sold out Freddie to the police."

Her mind reeled back to the man she saw earlier on, pushed up against the wall as he screamed for his baby, only a monster would take a father away from the life they had created, and Dawn knew that Tommy was not that monster.
"But you didn't did you."

Tommy sensed her sincereness, and out of everybody he was not expecting the French firecracker to work him out so well. She somehow understood the gangsta and he wanted to know why, to know how. But he swallowed the thought down as he shook his head. "No. No I did not."

Feeling this was important information, she gulped, furrowing her eyebrows and looking at the side of his face that seemed to twitch.
"Then who did?"

A stillness replied to her question, as Tommy tired his hardest not to clench his fists into a threatening hold.
"That's what I'm going to find out."

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫