𝘹. -𝘥𝘪𝘹

Start from the beginning

They were striding through the Lee territory- atleast that's the name she had been told. Spotting the rows of standing people staring at the man and woman kneeling on cushions.

She spotted the man who had invited her and as they neared closer, Ada slipped next to him as Dawn followed along with Polly. A single nod passing between the two before he turned to greet his sister.

"We are here today to join in matrimony-" Dawn took this time to look around, she didn't know the people engaging in the marriage ceremony, nor mostly anyone here. Theo had stood in in between her and aunt Polly, her singular pale hand resting tightly on his shoulder, wary of the men around with visible shotguns resting by them. And once again she had been left in the dark at the hands of Tommy, and it didn't take a genius to know this was a business deal.

The words of the wedding were lost in the back of her mind. Her head arched subtly to her shoulder, looking towards the back of the rows. Searching for the familiar peaky cap and burning blue eyes. Only to find them already studying her. Intensively. In a way she could only describe as their first dance together. Neither of them backed down, eating in each others soul and spirit. And Dawn was sure she felt something crawl up her, shivers. A colony of them, contaminating the skin concealed by the clothing she wore, but even then it couldn't protect her under his watchful eye. Shooting static shot uo her back, the hairs on the back of her neck rising, a heat falling on her face in the manner of rosy cheeks as blood fuelled to its surface. Lighting a fire within the man, taking in her appearance like fire to gasoline, a blaze struck like thunder in him, and lightning twitching his lips into a smirk.

At sight of his smirk, Dawn quickly shot her head back, trying her hardest to focus on the soon to be married, completely unaware of the confused glare of the woman to her left, shooting glances between the two she had watched through that intimate exchange.

"-I know pronounce ya man and wife! C'mon John, kiss the bride will ya?" His thick accent rang out as everyone cheered, the man who she knew as one of the Shelby brothers leaned in to kiss his wife. Dawn clapped her hands as a smile worked up on her face, prompting the young boy stood below her to follow his mothers actions, jumping on the spot and mimicking the families celebrations.

The party was in full swing. Night had enveloped the sky, yet the yard was lit up with hues of oranges from lanterns and fires. She sat uncomfortably at a makeshift table, fiddling with a glass that held an unknown liquid which had been left untouched. Her eyes scanning the crowd for her son who she had reluctantly let go off with Finn, but with him no where in sight she was surely regretting it now-

"He's over there dancing with Ada, Arthur too. He's fine."

She turned around to face Tommy as he was coming up behind her, at that mention she looked over to where he had motioned, looking eyes on the trio with a grimace. "They are drunk."

They had both found themselves listening to their happy screams of excitement, though Tommy took his eyes off of them to offer a hand to the woman. "Care to dance?"

Though Dawn ignored him, her attention still attached to the three with worrisome buzz cousins through her gut "-that's not good for the baby."

"Dawn." His hand grabbed hers that lingered in the table, pulling her up flush against his chest, closing the space between them and the rest of the people on the temporary dance floor. "Stop worrying."