Chapter 9- Apparently I'm An Underage Jailbait

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know. But nothing he's done has ever been like life threatening to the point where any of us would die," she states to his defense. "And that roof thing was only to you, not to the rest of us."

"Are you on his side right now?" I ask feeling pretty betrayed at this point. "This asshole decides to mess with all of us to his enjoyment and you're justifying his actions?"

"Of course not! I'm not agreeing with what he does," Mel exclaims with wide eyes. "I'm just saying that he's not as bad as you're letting yourself think he is."

I huff and stuff a bunch of fries in my mouth. "Whatever. I still don't like that guy. He pisses me off."

"It's amusing how he pisses you off so easily," she says with a smirk. "You know, hate easily turns to love. They go hand in hand."

I choke on my food at the sound of her bizarre words. "T-that will never ever happen! My hatred will still as hatred."

Or so I hope.

Mel chuckles in amusement. "By the way, what did you do after you left school? Just went home and called it a day?"

I thought about everything that happened yesterday. I still can't believe that so much shit happened in one day! I broke into Chase's house, stole a photo of his mom, found out that he's living with Adam, and found out all the shit between Adam and Liz. It was an eventful day.

"Nah, that wasn't even the start of my day. I broke into Chase's house," I say indifferently with a shrug.

This time Mel chokes on her burger and quickly gulps down water. "Y-you what?"

"I broke into Chase's house," I repeat, giving her a funny look as if it's not that big of a deal. I'm just trying to play it cool.

"How? Why? When? What happened?"

"One question at a time!" I exclaim, chuckling at her eagerness. "I'm gonna be honest with you here. Last time when I asked you for the sports team schedule was so that I could break into the boys locker room during their practice and get a hold on Chase's phone. That didn't end up happening, but I did manage to get a hold on his keys."

"You live a thrilling life," she says, shaking her head in disbelief. "Did he catch you?"

"He caught me trying to get his phone, but he didn't know I got his keys instead," I state with a sly smile. "Yesterday, after I slipped away from school, I broke into his house. It wasn't hard finding out where he lives."

"You amaze me more than he amazes me. You're just as crazy as him, Carla."

"Please don't compare me to that jerk again, but I'll take that as a compliment," I say cheerfully with a grin. "Anyways, I broke in with hopes of finding something to threaten him with, so that he'll stop with all these pranks."

"So did you find anything?" Mel asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Nope," I lie shamelessly. I don't think she would be too supportive of me stealing a photo of his mom. I'm not too proud of doing that either. "I didn't find anything, well, besides his cupcake boxers. His house-or mansion, is huge as fuck. I looked around like half the place and then he came home and caught me snooping around. I swear to God, my life flashed before my eyes. I thought he was going to kill me!"

"Holy shit. What did he do when he caught you?" She asks with a hint of fear in her eyes. "He didn't actually hurt you right?"

"No," I reply, allowing her to sigh in relief. "He just told me to get the fuck out and that if he found anything missing, he would end my life. Then I went home and slept for the rest of the day."