Thank You For Not Morphing

Start from the beginning

She wasn't sure what was more embarrassing. Her basically being thrown onto a guy or when she collided with him his beer spilled over her. Now, she was not only awkward, but smelly and sticky to boot.

"Um. Hi." She muttered up looking up at the man.

He smiled down at her and pushed his hair back, "God, sorry. I'm such a clutz sometimes."

"Really?" She said dreamily. She shook her head. Trying to shake off the nerves she was feeling.

"I'm Parker."

"Maxwell.", He said, sticking out his hand.

She smiled and shook it.

"So," He said, sticking his hand in his pocket. He held his now empty can in the other.

"What brings you to this party?"

"Oh, I live across the street. My sisters are friends with the people who threw it."

She glanced down and bit her lip. "And god, that probably sounds really sad that my sisters brought me to this party."

He shook his head and smiled, "No, no. You go to San Francisco State right?"

"Yeah!"

She took a deep breath and tried to back track. She didn't want to seem eager or worse desperate.

"I mean, yeah." She said, trying to sound cool. Cool wasn't the right word to describe it. In fact cool probably wasn't the right word to describe Parker.

He laughed a little, "Yeah, I think we're in the same math class. With Dr. Hopkins."

She grimaced at the name. "Is everyone in that class?"

"Apparently." He laughed.

" You know because of you I had to explain that awful problem 19 a few weeks ago."

She winced, "Sorry, but if I had had to explain it, I would have died of embarrassment and then I wouldn't be here talking with you."

She motioned towards him awkwardly. God, she was a mess. 

He chuckled, "Well, if you want to make it up to me you can let me take you out."

Parker's eyes widened. She sucked in a breath. She wasn't expecting that. Nervously, she smiled and tugged at her hair.

"Yeah, yeah. I would like that."

Cindy and David watched her from across the room. Cindy was smiling proudly, she was finally going to get her girl a man. David stood there with his arms crossed, frowning at the sight in front of him.

"I can feel your jealousy.", She said to her scowling friend.

David scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I am not."

She looked up at him, "Oh please, you're looking at her like a puppy that just lost his toy."

"Like I said, am not."

She laughed as she crossed her arms, "Ok. If you want to repress your undying love for your best friend that's your business."

"So, I'll pick you up at 8?" Maxwell asked.

Parker grinned, "Yeah, I would like that."

It was time for Parker to come down from the clouds. Phoebe and Piper had come to collect her. Something about a wild dog in the house. She wasn't paying that much attention. She was too busy daydreaming about Maxwell. She tried to pull herself back for the idealism she had. She knew one date didn't mean anything but nothing could stop her from thinking about holding his hand and laughing with him.