"What's the big deal, I've got only 8 more pages." I shrugged like it's nothing major.

"Get your stuff right now. Right this instant!" He commanded in a stern voice and threw me a death glare. I gulped.

I didn't dare to speak one word and stood up from my seat quietly to collect the things I wanted from my room before sitting back. Brandon watched as I opened a few books to search things up and wrote the necessary information.

"Don't do planets!! It's for kids!" He yelled from the other side of the table.

"Well what else is there then?" I furrowed my eyebrows and yelled back.

"The universe is vast for a reason you dumbass." He face-palmed like he was babysitting the most stupid person on Earth.

"Well why don't you help me find other things then?" I slid my book to him, hoping that he would agree so I'd be free of the searching work.

"Huh nice try. I'm not helping."

There goes my hopes. Shattered across the floor like a broken vase...

Hehe I love being dramatic. It makes me feel like I'm-

"Stop daydreaming." Brandon snapped his fingers at my face to prevent me from spacing off. I pouted and started working again.

So the whole Sunday which could've been perfect with being home alone watching movies and eating junk food was spent on a stupid project. Being true to his words, Brandon didn't help me one bit if we exclude all the coffee he made for me occasionally.

The only time I had permission to get up was to use the bathroom and that too was only because it was essential for a human to survive. Otherwise my butt would've been flat by the end of the day. He was being really strict.

I had only two more pages to complete but was really worn out. My head was hurting and my hand could be barely moved. I sighed and put the pen away. Brandon had gone out to the garden to get some fresh air. I placed my head on the table and closed my eyes hoping the headache would end. I didn't know when I fell asleep.

Slowly opening my eyes while yawning, I looked around trying to remember why I was sleeping on the dining table. Brandon was nowhere to be seen and I looked at the time from my phone.

9.56pm

I saw that I had been sleeping on a pillow that I didn't have any idea how it got there but what surprised me the most is my project.

It was all done.

I flipped through the pages and saw the last two pages that I was supposed to do was filled with Brandon's neat handwriting and lots of pictures of neutron stars, different types of galaxies and even illustrations of blackholes cut from the newspapers that were crushed into the dustbin in the corner of the room.

So much for not helping me huh...

*Bing bing*

I checked my phone to see a message from the very person I was internally worshipping.

😎Brandon😎

- Your dinner is ready on the kitchen counter. Eat it when you wake up.

Hey thanks for the project -

- Don't make it a habit! This is the first and the last time.

Thanks anyway -

I walked to the kitchen to see a plate covered with aluminum foil. I removed the foil to see steak and mashed potatoes in it, my hunger skyrocketing at the sight. I grabbed cutlery from a drawer and started eating right away.

I never knew Brandon could cook so well, this is heaven!

"Kara are you awake?" Dad's voice called out from the front door.

Oh they must be home.

I ran up to the door and unlocked it allowing my parents to come inside. After they both entered the house I closed the door and went back to the kitchen to finish my meal.

"You cooked?" Mom asked coming into the kitchen and looking over my shoulder at the plate.

"Nope. Brandon did."

"Oh okay. Enjoy then."

She went back to change and I gobbled up the last piece of steak before washing the plate and fetching my things in the dining room. I went upstairs and locked the room door. After organizing my backpack for the next day I hopped onto the bed to resume my sleep.

I didn't think Brandon would help me at any cost.

But I guess he also has a soft side to him...

[A/N]
I've used so much data to watch the online BTS concert and now YouTube won't even load😭