4. ridin round town

Start from the beginning

"See you, sweetie." She grinned.

"Rocky, stop flirting with my mother and let's go!"

I grinned as we pulled up to a record store first. This kid was pretty predictable. "Come, let's go check out some records." He smirked as we parked our bikes outside and walked into the shop titled 'sam's vinyls'.

The shop deadass looked like a music shop out of like 2003. Posters up everywhere, records stacked everywhere, little chairs placed here and there so niggas could sit and listen to some old bops, and the smell of some strong ass weed and incense wafting in the air.

"Ayo sam!" Tyler called out making a old ass Jamaican rasta pop his head up and almost snap his head around to find the source of noise. Once the guy noticed tyler standing in the middle of the aisle with a cheeky grin on his face, the rasta almost lost his shit.

"tyler, mi bwoy! ah weh yuh go?" sam shouted out in the semi crowded shop as he marched towards tyler, engulfing him in a hug.

"Bruh, I just need to get my mind right." tyler uttered before looking back and grinning at me and beckoning me towards them.

"ah who dis?" sam asked as he eyed me.

"this is rakim...my...friend?" He looked over at me for confirmation earning a quick nod. "Yeah, my friend. "

" 'im a batty bwoy? " Sam asked making tyler chuckle before shaking his head.

batty boy? this nigga think i'm gay??

"Nah, all dah gyal pon 'im." Tyler said in a jamaican accent making sam let out a hearty laugh.

"yuh eediat. gwarn ah look pon de records, aii?"

Tyler nodded his head before grinning at the man. "Good to see you, sam. "

"Likewise, boy! " the man said as he walked past tyler who turned towards me with a smile on his face.

"Did he just call me gay?" I finally asked making Tyler laugh loudly.

"Nigga, just look at these damn records. "

"Bro, he called me gay, I'm sure of it." I huffed as we walked out of the record store with a couple vinyls stuffed in our bags. Tyler let out a small giggle, making me roll my eyes. This nigga.

"Sam is weird. He thinks everyone has a lil sugar in tank." Tyler uttered as he grabbed his bike leaving me confused.

"So, this nigga got a gaydar?" I asked as I quickly hopped on my bike and began to pedal along with tyler.

"Yeah. But he be playing most of the time." Tyler said dismissing the conversation. "C'mon, I gotta show you one sick spot!"

"Okay, wait up!!" I chirped as I rode alongside him, vibing along to the lil uzi song blasting out of his speaker.

-

After going to like 75 locations we ended up in the skate park, eating some ice cream while we watched some niggas do some tricks. "So, what do you think of the city?" tyler piped up making me let out a small hum.

"It's a little odd, nothing like new york, but I like it." I said as I finished off my ice cream.

"I'm glad to hear that." tyler chuckled making me grin.

We sat in a comfortable silence before I got up and held my hand out. "Lets ride, nigga."

"Bet."

TYLER

"See you tomorrow, t!" Rakim yelped as he walked towards his house, a permanent smile on his face.

"See you!" I yelled back before walking into my house, letting out a small delighted huff as I closed the door and leaned against it. I literally took the kid around the whole city; the amusement park, the mall, the aquarium, the fucking club where they throw the midnight raves, everywhere. I made sure to find some places for us to go to so he didn't think I was a total fucking lame.

"Tyler!"

I let out a small groan before walking towards the living my eyes landing on my mother who was sitting with a wine glass in hand, her eyes focused on the old 90's show that she used watch when I was a kid.

"Hey ma."

" don't 'hey ma' me what do you call this time? " she asked making me wanna roll my eyes so damn hard but, I know if I tried she'll slap me into next week.

"Night."

"Tyler...don't make me start. " she warned. "Why didn't you tell me you was gonna be back home this late?"

I sighed.

cuz a nigga was having so much fun, a nigga almost forgot he had a home to get too.

"My phone died." I lied earning a small snort.

"Whatever, boy. Please remember to call me." She uttered as she tore her eyes away from the tv screen. "I don't wanna have to look for you with the church patrol when them streetlights come on."

" I understand, ma. " I quickly uttered before placing a kiss on her head and plopping down next to her. "What we watching?"

" Hm, some boring ass show that they decided to air on BET."

I scrunched my nose up and rolled my eyes, " girl, take this ghetto shit off, let's do something. "

Mama gave me an amused look before letting out a chuckle, "what we bout to do?"

I quickly got up and grabbed my bag before heading to the record player. I slid out a vinyl of minnie ripperton's 'loving you' and quickly placed on the device before turning around and giving my mother a sly grin.

"Let's dance, lady."

-ommgggg this shit is so fucking ass but i'd Expect it to be cuz it's a dumbass filler chapter. THE CARIBBEAN DIALECT IK MY COUSINS WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED LAMAMAKQOWOAO. literally thee most dumbest shit I could ever attempted as an african who was literally spoken to my Caribbean cousins ONCE LMAOAPAOAO. Imma take it out.💀💀-