2. of me

RAKIM

SCHOOL WAS ALWAYS A DRAG, especially during the weeks leading up to summer, but, here I am, in a new environment, living in a new space and surrounded by people I don't know. so, yes, I guess these few weeks will be no different than the ones that usually I experienced back home.

I did a one over my look as my mother screamed my name for the third time this morning and gave my self a small smile. black forces, grey sweats and a hoodie. pretty decent.

"RAKIM!"

I rolled my eyes and gave my self the finger before heading out my room, the same time as kameron left hers.

"mornin' kiddo." I greeted as I marched down stairs earning a small hey from kameron as she followed me down stairs. "What the hell was taking y'all so damn long?" My ma asked as she shoved our lunches into our hands. " I would've made y'all breakfast but y'all took so long you've only got ten minutes to spare. "

"That's fine, mama," kameron chirped as she skipped into the kitchen. "You cool with toast, kim?"

"yeah, slap some marmalade on mine!" I yelled back before turning to my mom who was just starting at the walls.

"Imma buy some paints and paint this house during the weekend," she said her hand ghosting the over the bland white wall. "You gon help me?"

"it's not like I'll have anything better to do," I shrugged.

"Mhm, but this ain't a two person job. We gon need someone else."

"Girl, you forgetting you gon a whole 'nother child right here?" I said earning a small chuckle from my ma.

"Boy, kam have me the idea of painting the damn house and switching shit up. It seems like she's more eager to paint this house than me." She muttered as she fixed her blazer, "we got need a fourth hand or sum.....what about that boy next door?"

"I don't know ma, I don't think he likes people. "I uttered truthfully.

"And? When you want something you don't seem to give up until you have it. I'm sure this kid won't be hard to crack. "

"I hope so, cuz I need a friend, asap."

"here's your toast, kim." Kameron smiled as she handed me my marmalade covered bread.

"Thanks kam, ready to go?" I asked earning a nod in return.

"We ready to hit the road, mama."

"Okay, just don't leave no crumbs in my damn car." Mama muttered as we began to leave our house.

I quickly brought my piece of toast up to my mouth as we walked out of the you and towards the car. Just as I was about to enter the car I saw the kid next door, yelling a quick "see you later" to his mom before grabbing his bike and turning up the sounds of phone numbers by dominic fike that was lowly blasting out of speaker.

Just as he was about to ride off he looked back towards our house, our eyes meeting making me overreact and wave madly while grinning like a fool with my toast stuck between my teeth.

The boy shrugged before giving a small short wave and riding off making me smile harder than before.

"Boy get into this damn car already!"

"BYE MA, BYE KILLA kam!" I winked as I stepped out of the car earning a small smile from both of them. I quickly walked up the steps of kingston high, ignoring the stares from the girls and boys alike. Of course a pretty nigga like me would be the center of attention, this shit ain't new to me.

I walked straight into the school my eyes trailing around the place, just seeing a bunch of students hanging about their lockers talking shit or whatever. i walked over to the nearest girl and gave her a quick tap on the shoulder, "get you know where the front desk is? I need a timetable."

"Oh it's down the hall two rights, then a left, then a right again." A girl with a large forehead and pretty eyes answered leaving me in a state of adoration and confusion.

"I..... You have really pretty eyes." I blurted out mindlessly earning a small chuckle from the latter.

"Thanks, the names Robyn but everyone calls me rihanna." rihanna said her hand outstretched.

"The names rakim and I do hugs not handshakes." I announced before engulfing her in a bear hug.

"Woah, okay!" Rihanna chuckled as she squeezed me back.

"You new round here? I've never seen you in these premises." Rihanna asked.

" yeah I am. Moved here from new york last Saturday. " I grinned before looking around. "Er, can you show me to the front office? I literally just forgot your directions."

"Oooohhh, no can do hun, I gotta run and find the bitch who stole new nike sb's but I can find someone to drop you off." She looked around the hallways her eyes landing on a figure in a pink jumper a few lockers away from her. "Baby t! Tyler!" I watched her run up to the kid from next door and tap him on the back resulting in him quickly spinning around in shock before sighing. "Hi?" His voice deep and velvety , kinda nice.

"Hey baby t, I was wondering if you could do me a quick favor?"

"What do you want?" He said reluctantly as his eyes remained stuck to his textbooks.

"Relax, sweetheart. Can you drop the new student, rakim off to the front office? I would but, I'm in a bit of a rush. please hun?"

Tyler's eyes flickered upwards to meet robyn's for a slight second before sighing. "Where is he?"

"Aww, thank you ty !" She pinched his cheeks as if she was his mother, making him visibly uncomfortable. "Sorry sweetie." She uttered before beckoning me closer as if I wasn't close enough to hear their conversation.

"Aight, rakim this is Tyler. He's gonna show you to the front desk and to your classes." Robyn quickly muttered. "Tyler don't lose him, please. I'll see you later kids." She quickly placed a small peck on tyler's cheek before running off down the hallway yelling 'where is cara's bitch ass!'

I slowly turned my attention back to tyler who had already been staring at me. I gave him a small smirk before clearing my throat, "so where is this front desk?"

" just...just follow me. " he muttered, quickly turning his back on me and striding down the hallway not even bothering to wait for me to catch up.

"You live right next to me, right?" I asked as we began to walk together down the hallway, earning no response in return. "Well.. uh, as you know I'm new to the neighborhood and-"

"We here." Tyler interrupted his eyes focused on the desk in front of us.

"Oh, thanks." I chuckled nervously earning a small snort in return.

The boy stood around nervously before turning around and walking back the way we came.

"Hey! Aren't you supposed to show me around this place?" I yelled earning a quick headshake.

"The lady at the desk will assign you someone. I got class." He uttered before quickly spinning around and heading back down the hall, leaving me speechless.

well, there goes my chance.