𝘷𝘪𝘪𝘪. -𝘩𝘶𝘪𝘵

Start from the beginning

Her quick steps made her way back to the bar, hastily throwing down a shot she had ordered before she had been whisked away for an uncomfortable dance. This time determine to leave with no interruptions. But luck was not on her side tonight as a familiar hold grasped onto her arm, pulling her back to face the man she was trying to run away from. His face held no emotion but she could see the cracking surface of his eyes, but she was not going to fall for it again. Earning a scowl and glare directed at Tommy who had opened his mouth to speak with certain regretful firmness.

"Listen. We're going for dinner at Kimber's house- the man you just danced with. He has a place a couple miles away."

Dawn tried to step back, shaking her head and hoping to god the next words weren't to fall out of his mouth.

"I have some business to attend first with his accountant." Tommy explained, lowering his voice slightly at the next part, "So I've arranged for you to go on ahead.. with Kimber."

"No."

Her voice was shaky and held tears in her eyes but she was protestant to let them fall, she wasn't going to be weak. "I'm not a whore."

"-Dawn." He tired.

"No!" She replied, smacking his arm off of her, trying to make a get away but his voice stopped her. Not because she was interest in what he had to say but the cheek he had to try and explain himself.

"Everyone's a whore, Dawn. We just sell different parts of ourselves."

The young woman bitterly chuckled, "Maybe you Mr Shelby, but not me, and I'm not selling my body to that.. ce cochon." 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘪𝘨

Gripping her shoulders once again, Tommy demanded that she listen to him, "Just listen to me yeah? The deal was I gave him two hours with you. He thinks he's a ladies' man. Thinks he can seduce you."

Dawn tried to escape his grasp, muttering French profanities at him with such viciousness as he continued he's little speech, "Look I'll be there before anything happen alright? And whenever you want just kick him in the balls."

As he let go of her, she stumbled back, trying to put as much distance between the two as possible, though her back hit a wall feeling a hit puff of breath breathe down on her, "We ready to go?"

Her eyes were still locked on Tommy's as he gave an encouraging nod, a silent proposal of her safety, and Dawn almost trusted his sincere facade. Gulping down the bile which had risen up her windpipe she was pulled across the room, heading for the exit with her arm locked in a firm grip not bothering to listen to what he muttered to the Shelby man. The last thing she saw before fully exiting the building was Tommy's lips mouthing the words 'trust me', though Dawn didn't know if she could trust them.

The car ride had been silent, nothing like the sweet serenity that it held in the drive the the Cheltenham races. It was tense, full of shifting and awkward scampering away from his wandering hand- so much so she had found herself squashed against the door.

She had remembered that they pulled up at a large estate but the rest of it was blank as she was guided into his house. For such a sorry excuse of a man, his house was beautiful and she found herself by a large window as he stood the other side of the room.