"Is that all you feel about the situation? Her parents don't want you two together and all you feel is 'upset'?"

"No, that's not just it. I'm pissed and I'm stressed out. What the hell am I supposed to do about this? I need Summer. Everything about her is amazing and beautiful, and she makes me want to work on who I am, you know? I've learned so much about myself just from being with her, stuff I wasn't even aware of. It's like when people say they've found that one person that completes them, that's Summer for me. She makes me feel whole, and she makes me feel great. I can barely remember life without her. I fucking love that girl, and I can't just let her slip away because her parents don't like me."

It became really quiet in my room, the only noises heard were my sudden increase in breathing and the ticking of the clock on my wall. I was stressing out just thinking about all of this. The possibility of losing Summer for the sole reason that her parents can't seem to find it in their hearts to give me a chance was really driving me crazy.

Izzy rolled over to her side facing me. She propped her head up on her elbow and drew her brows together in a confused look.

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"What do you mean?"

"What's keeping you from telling her all of that? She could be thinking that her parents have ruined everything for the two of you, that you really will let her slip away. Have you even told her that you'll do what it takes to keep your relationship together? The only thing she knows is that you love her, but does she even know why?"

As I laid there taking in what Isabella had just said, I realized I never did tell Summer why I love her. We said it to each other, but we never gave any reason for it. What kind of a boyfriend have I been if I haven't even told my own girlfriend why I love her?

A switch clicked in my head. I needed to go visit Summer. I needed to go tell her all of this and then the two of us could figure out what to do about her parents. That was going to be the solution to all of this. If I tell Summer how I'm feeling, she can be the one to convince her parents to give me a chance. They'll listen to her more than they'll listen to me.

I sat up straight and looked at Isabella, "I'm going to go to Summer's place."

She smiled as she rested her head on my pillow, "Good on you. You'll melt her heart."

"Yeah," I nodded before giving her a light shove. "You need to get out so I can change. I'm naked under these covers."

"Oh, sorry," Izzy laughed and got up from the bed, walking out of my room and closing the door.

I stood up and stepped into my bathroom, taking a quick shower to rid myself of any possible stink. It took me very little time to get dressed and attempt to dry my hair because I was so focused on wanting to get over to Summer's place.

As I left my room, Isabella was standing at the kitchen counter mixing drinks while Xander was cooking some kind of fancy looking meal. They both waved at me as I walked by them and out the door. I had to admit that I always found it funny that Isabella hated cooking, mostly because she didn't know how to make anything other than a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Whereas Xander, on the other hand, could cook an entire three course meal that belonged in a five-star restaurant. And even though the two of them had a lot in common, there were many more differences between them that I was surprised complimented each other.

That got me thinking back to what Summer's dad had said yesterday. He said opposites can tear each other apart, but if Xander and Isabella are any indication, opposites can work really well together. So if Summer and I are total opposites, maybe we compliment each other. Maybe we work out a lot better together than people want to believe.