Inserting

It was Friday and Toby was almost hyped for the weekend. Because it simultaneously brought a lot of work but also made the work relatively easy. The first one was because at the weekend everybody was doing something and Toby couldn't be at two places at the same time. And with the party there would be a lot to watch. But because of the party it would also be easier seeing as everyone was there and Toby wouldn't have to cut hinself into pieces trying to watch everyone at the same time.

When he got to lunch though he was presented a surprise. Before he could silently sit in the corner of the cafeteria to watch pack dynamics his name was called by a familiar voice.

As previously proven Toby wasn't nervous when speaking to people but the problem he had with being called out was that the natural group dynamics that were displayed in the cafeteria were disturbed. And he also couldn't watch the disturbance because he was the epicentre of it. Overall not a good thing.

Strangely being called by Greg wasn't so bad as he thought. Against his usual behaviour he wasn't annoyed, he was flattered that Greg remembered his face to be honest. Just one thing didn't add up: How did Greg know his name?

Toby got out of his head when his name was called again. He looked up and there he was, waving wildly like his life depended upon it. Toby shrugged and slunk over to him. Greg was smiling one of his wide smiles again. Toby felt his cheeks redden a bit.

"Toby! I've looked for you everywhere. Where have you been?"

Toby shrugged. "Class"

Greg laughed like Toby just told the biggest joke in history. It was all so sureal. Why would Greg talk to Toby? Trying to save someone from bullying was one thing, trying to establish a routine that meant talking to him on a regular basis was just plain weird. Toby didn't really think of this that hard. It wasn't the only thing that didn't add up, he still didn't know the motive for Greg's vandalism.

"You're right. C'mon, sit with me and my friends. Have I introduced myself yet? I'm Greg."

"I know."

"What really? Did you ask Mrs. Eckard like I did?"

Ah so that was how Greg knew his name.

"No."

Greg looked puzzled and while he hearded Toby to a certain table in the back he asked, " How do you know then?"

"I know a lot of things."

Greg laughed and let it go. They arrived at the table and Toby instantly had catalogued all the people sitting there. He knew in which order the pupils sat in the cafeteria so the people he saw weren't a surprise for him.

"Guys, this is Toby."

He waved a little bit. Everyone greeted him and smiled. Greg layed a hand on Tobys shoulder and began introducing everyone, pointing at each while saying their name.

"That's Alice, that's Helena. That over there is Zack and this is Julian."

He knew them all so he said, "I know."

That just made Greg laugh again. He let go of Toby's shoulder and made a shooing gesture to make them scoot over. They complied with easy smiles and Greg sat next to Toby. On Toby's right was Alice and he could smell that she used that coconut shampoo he had seen her buy. It helped her dry hair immensely.

Julian promtly asked, "How did you meet?"

"I was sleeping in my locker."

They thought it a joke and laughed. People often assumed Toby joked around because his monotone voice would be mistaken for dry humour. But he didn't really care and often didn't correct them.