Blood 16: TRIGGERED GENES

Two weeks had passed but there were no signs of Jill and Paul. Iniwan nila ang Nightshade Academy nang malaman namin ang totoong pagkatao nila. They wanted to complete the serum and kill the remaining species around the world.

And I will never allow them, I thought in anger.

Bumangon ako mula sa kama ko at tumingin sa orasan na nakasabit sa kwarto ko. It was just four o'clock of the morning- a perfect time to train for the mission.

About that, Professor Fina had postponed our mission because of the unpleasant circumstances that happened days ago. Like Paul and Jill, she wanted to complete the serum. I had no doubt if they were all working together.

I wanted to ask her, but Doctor Marcus told us that she was still under investigation. So for now, confronting her was not a good option.

Pumunta ako sa tapat ng bintana ko at napangiti nang makita ko si Lee Ann na tumatakbo papuntang Training Hall. She was doing well now compared before. Though most of us were still hurt of what happened to Shienna, we found our own ways to live again.

But we will always remember her.

I never expected this. I never thought that we, the Blue Agents, would end up looking out for each other. Hindi lang ito simpleng samahan sa Nightshade Academy. Sa maikling panahon na pamamalagi ko dito, natutunan kong ituring ang bawat miyembro bilang isang pamilya ko. We learned how to protect each other for one goal- to save the entire species around the world.

Aalis na sana ako sa tapat ng bintana nang biglang maging yelo ito at sumabog sa harapan ko. Isang nakakabinging tunog ang kumalat sa loob ng kwarto ko.

Napaatras ako at habang nanginginig ang buong katawan ko, binalot ang paligid ko ng sobrang takot at kaba. My heart was beating so fast that I couldn't find to breath.

"Toffee!" sigaw mula sa pinto ng kwarto ko. His hands touched my shoulders and went to my cheeks. "Are you okay?"

"T-Tristan," I muttered in fear. "W-What's happening to me?"

Sa halip na sagutin niya ang tanong ko, niyakap ako nito nang mahigpit. Pinikit ko ang mga mata ko at itinago ang aking mukha sa kanyang leeg.

At that very moment, I felt so scared and confused.

It was true. I promised that I would protect myself from him, but my heart and body were telling me the opposite.

I wanted to be with him.

I wanted to feel his presence.

I wanted to be safe again.

Ilang minuto pa ang lumipas nang mapansin kong wala pala itong suot na pantaas. Tanging manipis lang na tuwalya ang tumatakip sa ibabang bahagi ng katawan nito.

Napaatras ako. I felt the heat creeping up my face and refused to look at him.

"I-I'll be fine now," I stuttered.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I was really worried about you when I heard that sound," nahihiyang paliwanag nito.

"D-Don't be," I said, almost like a whisper.