chapter 10

"If dreams reflect the past, hope summons the future."

~Elie Wiesel

Riley's POV

"CHASE!!! NO, DONT GO!!!! PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME!!! PLEASE CHASE STAY WI-..."

"Riley!! Riley!!!"

I wake up with sweat pouring down my face, and see that Patrick is shaking me, to wake up.

"What's going on?" I ask sitting up a little, to check the time, and to see that it's 3:30am

"You must of had a nightmare, because you kept yelling Chase's name, and saying stuff like don't go."

"Oh."

"Wanna talk about it?" He asks sitting at the edge of the bed

"I acutally don't remember much." I lie

"You know I don't think you've had a dream like this one, since Chase p-..."

Patrick begins to say, but is interrupted with one of Maddy's cries

I roll over and let out a sigh. Every time I close my eyes, all the memories come flooding back to me. Why now? It's been 10 years since the whole incident happen, so why all of a sudden, are the dreams coming back?

I hear Patrick's footsteps coming from the hallway, so I close my eyes and pretend as if I'm asleep. Not really feeling, in the mood to talk. I can hear him come in, and then feel him tuck me in with one of my blankets, before kissing the top of my head, as a mother would do. I then hear him walk of my room. The thing that I love most about my uncle is that, I can annoy and joke with him as if he was my brother, but when I need to talk to someone he's always right by my side, ready to kill, whoever hurt me. Even Abby has made a comment how Patrick has his soft moments. I roll onto my back, and open my eyes, only to stare at the ceiling. Knowing that there's no way I dare fall back to sleep.

A few hours passed, and I found ways to entertain myself. I played a few games on my phone, but mostly just stared at the ceiling, taking everything in. It was 6:30, so I decide to get. I wander downstairs, only to find Abby sitting at the kitchen bar, reading the newspaper.

"Morning Sweetie!" She says sweetly

"Morning!" I yawn sitting down next to her

"Rough night?"

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep, last night."

"Well you know what they say, 'when you can't sleep at night, it's because you're awake in someone else dream.'"

"Where'd you hear that from?"

"I read it in a magazine, it seemed some what intelligent" Abby shrugs

I just laugh at her response, as my phone goes off, and reads

"Hey, how's my Canadian girl?(:"

I smile knowing who it's already from, before texting back

"Tired! I thought you would be sleeping, considering that you have the day off?"

"Who ya texting?" Abby asks, noticing the grin on my face

"No one!" I say as I receive a text

"Couldn't sleep!"

"Riley, your such a horrible liar, you get that from Patrick!" Abby laughs

"Ok fine, Jonathan!" I smile

"That makes two of us!"

"Not was that so hard?" Abby jokes