Chapter 5: The Feeling of Safety

"Finally! Lunch has come. I'm freaking starving!" Huijun ranted, while walking with Minjae to the cafeteria. "Your always starving." Minjae grunted. When the two reached their destination, they spotted SeongJun outside of the cafeteria looking at something. When they reached him, SeongJun pointed in the direction he was looking.

"Look...Look at that." He muttered, before facepalming himself. Minjae looked in the direction he was pointing, at the club stands. Minjae sighed in disbelief as he saw a cardboard cutout of himself, Huijun, and SeongJun. He noticed that the table was surrounded by fangirls. Huijun didn't look annoyed, but he had a bold looking smile plastered on his face. He turned to face his hyungs, but instantly cleared his throat. "Oh. Yeah...they're...crazy..."

SeongJun rolled his eyes, and waved his hand towards the table. Huijun silently muttered a 'yes' before making his way over to the table. He instantly got the group's attention and a little crowd of girls surrounded him.

Minjae sighed lightly before heading into the lunchroom. SeongJun followed behind him. They passed a few tables before finding a table with only one person. The two sat on the opposite end of the other person. SeongJun got up to get food for the both of them, and Minjae just started looking around. His eyes landed on the person on the opposite end of the table. He raised his eyebrow as he recognized the light blue haired boy, who was sitting next to the boy from class, before classes started.

Minjae suddenly spotted the boy from earlier, and he sat down across from the blue head. The two didn't seem to notice he was there, until SeongJun came back with the food. The blue haired boy was looking at SeongJun as he sat down across from Minjae. The boy noticed his friend's stare, and looked in the same direction as him, landing his eyes on Minjae.

-

Seungmin entered the lunchroom, desperately looking for his only friend. When he located his blue haired friend, he walked over to him. He tapped his shoulder, and Junhyuk sighed in relief.

"I almost thought you weren't coming." Junhyuk said while watching his friend sit down across from him. After a few moments, Seungmin noticed that Junhyuk was looking at something. Seungmin turned his head to the opposite end of the table, and he met eyes with Strawberry Milk.

At that single moment, Seungmin didn't feel any emotions. He just kept staring, just like the other. He didn't feel this way earlier, be he almost felt safe in this one moment. The way the younger was staring at him...it felt nice. Seungmin kept staring in the same direction, even though another person had sat down next to Strawberry.

"Minjae...Minjae! Watcha looking at?" His friend looked in the same direction as him. Seungmin spun his head back forward, and looked at his friend. Junhyuk snorted in laughter. "That was one heck of a staring contest. What's up with you two?" Seungmin froze when he heard the question.

"Nothing. Absolutely...nothing." Seungmin started eating his food, trying to avoid any conversation.

-

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Honestly I'm confused while writing this lmao.

AND HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN MCND'S NEw sOnG? mbagausjendgdsys it was magical stream Spring