𝘷𝘪. -𝘴𝘪𝘹

Start from the beginning

Men sprung through the opening like a wildfire, trashing and contaminating everything they touched. And she was forced to watch as she was roughly pushed against the wall, grunting as they did so, her bones crunching at the pressure put on them as they were slammed back. "Lâche-moi, putain de cochon!" 𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘪𝘨!

Though she was met with a growl as her spine once again cracked against the surface behind her, tears falling freely down her face as they raided. Yet another loud scream of protest rang her lips as they forced themselves into the bedroom, her threats floating idly in the room of chaos, "Stop, stop it you bastards!

Instead of being slammed back again like she was expecting, the cold callous hands holding her let Dawn drop to the floor in a heap, the men walking out the bedroom with a shake of their head, silently commanding the other to follow them out the house.

At the sight of them retreating, Dawn didn't hesitate to scamper to the bedroom, in hopes of finding little Theo unscathed. Though she's she reached the room she couldn't help the heartbreaking sob as the young boy and curled himself into a ball, hiding in the furthest corner with fresh tears cascading his face.

Dawn quickly fell to the floor and gathered him in her arms, hushing his cries in sweet weeps of hums, pulling him closer then humanly possible as he gripped onto her body. "Oh mon bébé." 𝘰𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘺. Her hands swept across his flushed cheeks in attempt to clear away the tears, holding him tightly as she spoke, "mon amour, did they hurt you?"

His sniffles filled the room, as he shook his head in attempt to ease his mothers worries, though his knee told her otherwise as it was blotted with red and nasty hues of discolouration painted the scene, "I fell, when they came in, trying to get off the bed."

Dawn bit her lip but nodded none of the less, backing away to examine the damage on his leg. It would definitely need a first aid kit but unfortunately she didn't own one in her flat- or she had yet to replace it from the last injury Theo had sustained.

Her words were soft as she asked if he could stand, and with her help the young boy hobbled onto his feet, though just as quickly as he did, his knee painfully buckled and Dawn was quick to catch him before he hit the ground. Hoisting the five year old on her hip despite the ache in her own ribs from the assault beforehand.

Dawn wasn't sure what was happening but quickly walking down the street carrying the young boy she could tell it wasn't just her who had the misfortune of uninvited visitors. With one hand holding Theo in place and the other nuzzling his head further into her neck before placing it over his exposed ear, in hopes of protecting him from the loud crashes and curses.

It was a four block walk to the flower shop, a place she knew held a handy first aid kit below the counter in case of an emergency mishap. And she only hoped the place wasn't as trashed as the houses surrounding the street. Fortunately to her relief, it was all still intact, either they hadn't made there way to shop on the corner of the market or they avoided it for all good reason unbeknownst to her.

Quickly unlocking the door, she waltzed in, placing the boy on the counter before weaving herself behind and under in search for the medical box amongst the clutter on the hidden shelves. When finding them she plonked it on the surface above her and stood, moving to the tap and filling a small bowl full of warm water, before crouch down in front of her son.